Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
earthyvirgo

Twelve Days of Christmas linocuts

About a month, maybe a bit more, ago, I had the crazy idea of producing a series of 12 limited edition linocuts for various Christmas exhibitions.

I'm 8 blocks down, 4 to go and I've taken my first proof today, of the 6 geese print. The whole set has a strong 'birdy' theme, my eleven pipers are sandpipers. My drummers are going to be Snipe (thanks to Dot and Tim, VSS for that idea)

I'll be printing 20 of each block plus a 5 'special' boxed sets which will contain one of each print & a title/cover print.

When they're all ready, I'll post the whole set but here's a first peep at the geese.

I'm up against it time wise but I'll get there Smile

EV
sean

Not sure about all that writing round the edges. Wink
I'll look forwards to seeing them all.
earthyvirgo

Not sure about all that writing round the edges. Wink
I'll look forwards to seeing them all.

What? You don't think it adds to the image Sean? Wink

EV

p.s the final images will be on lovely smooth, just off-white paper called Simili Japon - no extra writing in the margins (apart from the edition number, title and my signature), just the print
Nicky cigreen

lovely Smile
Midland Spinner

I've been very much enjoying your updates about this on FB. I like seeing the images evolve.

Lovely work EV
earthyvirgo

I've been very much enjoying your updates about this on FB. I like seeing the images evolve.

Lovely work EV

Thank you.

I do apologise for DS'ers who are also on FB and Twitter - who get news in triplicate about this series - I try not to be too repetitive!
Went

Looking forward to seeing the finished prints. First impressions are ... stunning. Idea marigold

I'm loving seeing your Tweets about the series and look forward to seeing the finished prints Smile Behemoth

Ohh that's nice.... Very Happy

Was showing Little Behemoth and she said, "those are like that lady's pictures we saw in that shop in wales".
robkb

Excellent stuff (as ever), looking forward to seeing the complete set. Bodrighy

I love two tone / monochrome (whichever is appropriate) art work. The example is lovely can we see all twelve when completed please?

Pete
Nick

I think they'd make excellent Christmas cards. earthyvirgo

I think they'd make excellent Christmas cards.

I've been thinking about that but I have a bit of a niggle about that de-valuing the limited editions. Might be a different audience of course ... still mulling it over.

If I get time to do anything card based with them, it's likely be a variation - I'll use the same blocks but do something different with them.

EV
earthyvirgo

I love two tone / monochrome (whichever is appropriate) art work. The example is lovely can we see all twelve when completed please?

Pete

Yup, will do Smile

EV
Nick

I think they'd make excellent Christmas cards.

I've been thinking about that but I have a bit of a niggle about that de-valuing the limited editions. Might be a different audience of course ... still mulling it over.

If I get time to do anything card based with them, it's likely be a variation - I'll use the same blocks but do something different with them.

EV

Do posters of the Mona Lisa devalue the original?
alison

One of each in a box of 12 cards would be lovely. VM

Think you are right about not cards - yes, they'd make lovely cards but there are quite a lot of lovely cards around and I guess these will look particularly excellent full-size. I think the geese are great. VM

Just had a look around your site - particularly like your birds - lovely egret and avocets.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home