Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Nell Merionwen

Two shiny new articles from Cathryn

She really is a very clever bunny. Cool

sewing a knitting needle roll
a quilt from old jeans
Jamanda

I want a knitting needle roll and BW wants a quilt. I really need to learn how to use a sewing machine. One day, one day.
Nell Merionwen

Best come and visit then!
Or I could try again with a spring time sewing how too gathering?
gardening-girl

Good oh,I knew that pile of old jeans would come in handy.
Laughing Laughing
Chez

I need to get my sewing machine working ....
marigold

The jeans quilt reminds me of a wonderful patchwork quilt my grandmother had which was made from pieces of woollen suit fabric - all darkish practical browns and greys with checks, pinstripes etc. Not pretty, but a beautiful hand-stitched piece of post-war make-do-and-mendery. It weighed a ton (both sides were made of similar patchworked fabric IIRC) and was incredibly comforting to sleep under in winter.
Nick

I have a duvet cover made from beer bar towels pinched during my misspent youth. It weighs approximately eleven million tons.
Cathryn

Usefully absorbent though. Smile
Nick

Indeed. I have a maching beach towel for that reason.
Jamanda

Indeed. I have a maching beach towel for that reason.

For when you've been swimming really fast!
Sally Too

Love the old jeans quilt. All the different shades are great.... I'm mulling over ideas already.....

You see I've just cut the legs off a pair of jeans to attempt to make a "funky" skirt for an up and coming fancy dress party.... I'll definitely be saving the legs for a quilt now!

PS I've put up a few pics of my skirt's progress here:
http://sallysewssometing.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/funky-skirt-from-old-jeans-with-pics.html
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home