Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot
dpack

umm rice fed rat anyone?

with recipe suggestions

im not sure that many of us have pure grain fed free range ones but i spose a few of us might:lol:
Rob R

It was suggested to me earlier today - do you think there's a market for grassfed vole? Smile

Speaking of which, I got the shock of the year when this chap shot out of the hedge in front of me tonight, if only I'd been quicker with the camera!
dpack

the romans did dormouse kebabs but judging by owl pellets voles are a bit bony and i recon carving em would be rather fiddly Laughing
Rob R

I'm thinking smoothies
NorthernMonkeyGirl

Dunno how to use them but voles are self seeding on my allotment, I keep digging them up Laughing
Andrea

I've often thought about breeding them as animal feed. I certainly seem to be able to grow very large free range ones.
Hairyloon

I've often thought about breeding them as animal feed. I certainly seem to be able to grow very large free range ones.

I am a little surprised that nobody has tried rat based cat food, or pigeon, or gull...
Nick

I've yet to own a cat that'll eat a rat. I'm unsure they taste nice enough.
Andrea

My cats eat loads Nick, but not fast enough to keep up with production!
Nick

I guess mine are fussy. Bloody things.
evie2

We had a Garfield moment with a rat once, our ginger pinched a defrosted one, legged it upstairs and was found sitting on the windowsill with the tail dangling from his mouth. He was purring
Andrea

A defrosted one? You'd frozen it? Why?
dpack

snakes at a guess
evie2

Yarp, 'twas for the snake Very Happy the wild ones he brings home, he never tries to eat, they're just left for humans to clean up or stand on for the bleary eyed Mad
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home