Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY
Sally Too

Upcycled jeans to skirt for "Funky" fancy dress pa

Ok... a bit of a joke really, but here's what I've made:

Took me two sessions. Bit of a giggle really - just hope I have the courage to wear it now! (Probably borrow some leggings for underneath!)
Sally Too

PS I stuck some pictures of each stage up on my blog too.....
earthyvirgo

I think it's great Smile

I'd wear it, probably with a different 'frill' but I'd definitely wear it.

EV
wellington womble

That would be brilliant for kids outgrown jeans (not that I'm sure you won't also look fan in them. It's just I wear my jeans to death, so they never get up cycled!)
arvo

Brill!
Sally Too

That would be brilliant for kids outgrown jeans (not that I'm sure you won't also look fan in them. It's just I wear my jeans to death, so they never get up cycled!)

Funny you should talk about kids growing - my daughters are all taller than me and recently I got given several pairs of jeans from each of them (legs too short for them, but fine for shorty ma!) So now I've rather more jeans than required (esp at that certain well-worn level).

Also having lost weight, I found I hadn't worn this pair in an age..... soooo when project-itis struck...... Wink
Sally Too

I think it's great Smile

I'd wear it, probably with a different 'frill' but I'd definitely wear it.

EV

Hubby has a notion on orange baggy trousers - which I have to make next. So I might have chosen a different colour too, except I thought we'd look daft together!

Thanks all ... for the kind comments! Laughing I wonder if all folk feel the need to go a little barmy approaching the big 5-0 ?
Finsky

Hmm...thanks for the photo..it has given me some ideas...would love skirt like that for myself but with crocheted 'lace' edge Very Happy
...maybe even crocheted pockets too...
sally_in_wales

I like it! What are you wearing on the top half? Sally Too

Hmm...thanks for the photo..it has given me some ideas...would love skirt like that for myself but with crocheted 'lace' edge Very Happy
...maybe even crocheted pockets too...

Now THAT would be nice.... do share some pictures once you've made yours! Wink

Edit to add... there's a link on my blog page about this skirt to a whole site of upcycled clothes... really nice some of them. Wink

I like it! What are you wearing on the top half?

Not totally sure yet.... I had thought of just a fitted long sleeve T in a plain colour and some sort of feathery scarf thing....

I might wear the crazy patchwork jacket I made earlier as well... haven't put the colours side by side yet:

We'll see....
sally_in_wales

definatley the patchwork jacket Smile mochyn

Have you seen this book: http://www.amazon.com/Native-Funk-Flash-Emerging-Folk/dp/0912020385

It's full of lovely things like that.
Sally Too

Ooo lookie and love the shorts on the front of this book:

http://www.amazon.com/American-Denim-New-Folk-Art/dp/0446870218/ref=pd_sim_b_1
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home