Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
jamsam

URGENT mushroom help...

i need to find the identity of these...

any ideas???

Its only urgent as im starving and want to cook them and put them on toast...mmmm.....!!!!!
tinyclanger

Agrocybe cylindracea ?
http://forum.downsizer.net/viewtopic.php?t=16764
jamsam

whatever they are ( possibly Laccaria proxima....from Rogers Mushrooms??) one of them has a maggot..its trying to get to the others..no..away beastie..away....
jamsam

if its the last one then its edible..but if its Pluteolus aleuriatus then its not..i think...
jp

Don't think its the Agrocybe as there does not appear to be any sort of ring on the stem. Could also be a Clytocybe - in which case I should be very careful as there are plenty of C.Rivulosa about which are really poisonous Shocked . Best wait for one of the experts like Cab or Mushroom Man....
mushroom man

Collybia butyracea, the Butter Cap. A common leaf litter fungus. The stem is fibrous, hollow and swollen at the base. The cap is hygrophanous (changes colour on drying).
skedone

so thats a edible mate as mushroom man says , but then again he did just lick the cap of a stink horn on telly so.... you can decide if you trust him LOL Wink Laughing
doctoral

mushroom man wrote:
Collybia butyracea, the Butter Cap. A common leaf litter fungus. The stem is fibrous, hollow and swollen at the base. The cap is hygrophanous (changes colour on drying).

I agree TOTALLY Confused
bingo

Alright Doc.

Where have you been? Smile

Quiet season away. Wink
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home