Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
alisjs

URGENT!!!!! zero carbon britain

just back from CAT members' conference ........many inspiring talks, but the main Cat presentation was the Zero Carbon Britain report.
I recommend in the strongest terms that you visit the website and check out the report (pdf to download). There's also a 90 sec video to watch for time challenged people!
IMHO it needs circulating as widely as possible, so if you rate it, add the link to other forums you visit , tell your friends, contact local councillors, MP, MEP etc.

www.zerocarbonbritain.org
Barefoot Andrew

Unfortunately my version of Acrobat Reader (v4) doesn't like the Full Report PDF file. I have emailed CAT and notified them of the problem, and suggested that a message as important as this be backwards compatible to at least v4.

A.
RichardW

Why dont you just update the FREE Acrobat Reader?

Justme
Barefoot Andrew

Justme wrote:
Why dont you just update the FREE Acrobat Reader?
Justme

Because some of my work involves preparing high-res PDFs for commercial press - I need to know that the output I produce works to a certain standard to avoid pre-press problems.

Besides, my point stands: there will be folk aplenty out there with older machines and/or older versions of Acrobat. v4 is still perfectly serviceable and to introduce apparent incompatibilities - particularly in an important message - is iffy to say the least.
A.
AnneandMike

Re: URGENT!!!!! zero carbon britain

alisjs wrote:
just back from CAT members' conference ........many inspiring talks, but the main Cat presentation was the Zero Carbon Britain report.
I recommend in the strongest terms that you visit the website and check out the report (pdf to download). There's also a 90 sec video to watch for time challenged people!
IMHO it needs circulating as widely as possible, so if you rate it, add the link to other forums you visit , tell your friends, contact local councillors, MP, MEP etc.

www.zerocarbonbritain.org

Keep up the publicity - even though I fear it is already too late to stop massive changes, e.g.

http://arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/cryosphere/
wildfoodie

noted,
thanks for that, will add a link to zcb on my website.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home