Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
Cathryn

Valuing the Welsh landscape

A short survey. The premise made me wonder, I paraphrase a bit but what do you think is a pretty landscape?

http://www.glastir-mep-surveys.org.uk/
Cathryn

PS You have to click that you like the field full of sheep or Wales is stuffed.
vegplot

No chocolate at the end?
Cathryn

Well possibly but as I can never remember which scheme we are in, possibly not.
dpack

sheep and moos in green but you need to bury your wires Laughing
vegplot

sheep and moos in green but you need to bury your wires Laughing

We're getting more wires. Flippin' get big ones.
Rob R

Done. Funnily enough I like the wires, particularly in Scotland. I find them reassuring that civilisation is nearby. I also admire the places they put them and the work that goes into maintaining them when they go wron, often in the middle of the night.
Falstaff

I slipped over a shopping trolley and grazed my chin ! Exclamation
mochyn

I particularly like 'How often do you visit the countryside?'

How about 'Every time I step outside my door'? Smile
frewen

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Rob R

I particularly like 'How often do you visit the countryside?'

How about 'Every time I step outside my door'? Smile

No, visitors get to leave, inmates is perhaps a better description. Wink
Nick

Done. Funnily enough I like the wires, particularly in Scotland. I find them reassuring that civilisation is nearby. I also admire the places they put them and the work that goes into maintaining them when they go wron, often in the middle of the night.

I saw some guys mending those wires the other day. In a cage. Beneath a helicopter. Coolest job in the world.
Jamanda

I used to like the big pylons coming from Drax when I was a kid. They used to crackle and spark when it was foggy. (Which was most of the time) Rob R

I saw some guys mending those wires the other day. In a cage. Beneath a helicopter. Coolest job in the world.

Exactly!
Rob R

I used to like the big pylons coming from Drax when I was a kid. They used to crackle and spark when it was foggy. (Which was most of the time)

Me too, and then my first job was immediately below one, which was buzzing.
Falstaff

"Hot Glove" work Cool

Avoiding any path of the Electrickery to Earth - It's the Earth wire that Kills you ! Evil or Very Mad Idea
Mistress Rose

We both live virtually under a pylon line, and have another one crossing the woods. One morning we were woken up by people talking loudly. Looked out and there were some men in gondolas hanging from the wire. Know what you mean about crackling. Ours often do, in wet weather particularly.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home