Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Downsizing abroad
pricey

Very Easy French Phrase Book Wanted

OK all you french speaking downsizers, I am after a easy to follow French Phrase book.

We have decided to go to France on our holidays week after next, hopefully to see Simon and a few others if possible (cant seem to get hold of him at the mo) Confused

We both speak two other languages, but unfortunately only a few words in french.

We are going by car to hopefully get lost, and sample some excellent food and wine, the kids are even looking forward to it.

So any idea's on some thing simple but good enough to get us through?
madmonk

Hi Pricey I am going over on the 23rd and hopefully will meet up with Simon, what date do you expect to see him? he might need a hand with a very heavy cooker he is collecting from my house Laughing Laughing
pricey

We will most likely be home by then, it all depends really. my hols are from the 12th to 27th inc, we may drive down to Portugal to see our place so we may be there, you never know Wink
hardworkinghippy

..;If anybody wants to pop in here to meet Fabrice and me, you'll be very welcome - the cabin's free !

stop
pricey

hardworkinghippy wrote:
..;If anybody wants to pop in here to meet Fabrice and me, you'll be very welcome - the cabin's free !

stop

Oh yes please we are working out the dates and will let you know in a cople of days Very Happy
hardworkinghippy

OK !

Bring (Cheap and cheerful builders' "I'm an addict") tea bags !
pricey

Building? sorry dont know the first thing about it Laughing

You let me know what you want and I will bring it for you Wink
Penny Outskirts

Pricey - I've got the Collins phrase book and dictionary - I can post it down to you if you want? It's only little, and will fit in a pocket or a handbag well.
pricey

Penny wrote:
Pricey - I've got the Collins phrase book and dictionary - I can post it down to you if you want? It's only little, and will fit in a pocket or a handbag well.

Yes please if that is OK to borrow it, then I will bring it up when we get back Very Happy

The only problem is, I don't know which handbag to take. Laughing
Penny Outskirts

pricey wrote:

I always liked your blue sequinned (sp?) one Laughing
pricey

Penny wrote:
pricey wrote:

I always liked your blue sequinned (sp?) one Laughing
Laughing Embarassed
pricey