Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Rob R

Vote to help Downsizers #SupportSmallBusinessUK

www.SupportSmallBusiness.co.uk

New link & new opportunity to gain £1,000 or £10,000 for your business!

Vote now & every day for;
Bodrighy
Nell Merionwen
Barefoot Andrew
lettucewoman
Andrea

Done

good luck
Hungrydog

Done.

It says we can vote once a day. I'll be back.

Edited to add...

I have a friend that is, shall we say, quite prolific on social media. Would you like me to get his followers Surprised - he's not a guru or owt Laughing -to vote for you?
Pilsbury

The once a day thing is a result, just did my second vote for tou and will post on facebook again today.
Rob R

Thank you! Very Happy

I've been a bit short of time to hassle people on social media to vote, but hopefully we'll get that weigh eventually...
Rob R

And I've just voted for Bodrighy (Just waiting for midnight to vote again)
Bodrighy

Just about to say thank you for pointing this out Rob. I have as you say now entered and of course voted for you (2x)

Pete
Pilsbury

Just about to say thank you for pointing this out Rob. I have as you say now entered and of course voted for you (2x)

Pete

and i have just re voted for both of you, i hope there is a decent secpnd prize....
Rob R

There are ten prizes of £1000 & 1 of £5000. We're both only in the running for one for the £1000 - I could have easily spent £5000 but I didn't think I could fit the justification into the 600 character limit on the application!
sgt.colon

My voting finger has gone bonkers.
Hungrydog

I just voted for bodrighy as well.

My mate has put the word out for Rob.

Good luck to the pair of you.
Rob R

I just voted for bodrighy as well.

My mate has put the word out for Rob.

Good luck to the pair of you.

Thank you - missed your post, somehow, but it's much appreciated. Very Happy
sean

Both done. Would you like this stickified? Maybe edit the title to include Vote Downsizer too. Bodrighy

Thanks for the votes. Not sure about the fact that you can vote once a day seems a bit odd. Fingers crossed for both of us.

Pete
Rob R

Both done. Would you like this stickified? Maybe edit the title to include Vote Downsizer too.

That would be nice, thanks, and I've amended the title to something a little more all encompassing.
sean

Tis done. Luath

Think I've voted for every one Smile Hope you all do well Smile Nell Merionwen

Done Smile Bodrighy

RE-voted. Going up Rob.

Pete
Green Rosie

Voted for both and tweeted and Facebooked Smile Good luck! Rob R

Thank you all Smile Jamanda

As well as you two's, there's a bid for someone to open a fish shop near to us, which I'd be keen on, but it seems I'm the only person voting for it. You'd think they'd at least vote for themselves wouldn't you? Rob R

It always amazes me in that respect - I think people enter & then forget about it. They can't be that much in need of the money if they can do that though...

What are they called?
Jamanda

It always amazes me in that respect - I think people enter & then forget about it. They can't be that much in need of the money if they can do that though...

What are they called?

Brilliant Fish CIC
Rob R

Well, it's got another one now... Jamanda

Well, it's got another one now...

Thanks. I can't see it coming to much if they don't push it though. Silly people.
Rob R

Please keep voting folks, Bodrighy and I are are at 60 & 62 votes respectively at the moment... Smile Chickem

Voted for you both x Chickem

And both shared on FB Very Happy Green Rosie

Voted again - mind you I have to say it's a fairly cruddy website - I can't find a list of UK entries anywhere and I quite fancied browsing to see what competition you two have. Rob R

If you close the popup with our entry on all the entries are there and there is the option to narrow the search by industry. Rob R

Have any more Downsizers applied? Pilsbury

Bah, just missed out on being your 100th rob so i settled for 101 and 92 for pete. Pilsbury

And just joined and shared your facebook event so jopefully there will be a few more but come on downsizers, click the links and give them a boost.
Even if the downsizer kiva team clicked i think that woild be nearly 80 votes a day and its just a couple of clicks lol.
Rob R

Thank you Pilsbury - I've changed the original post now to list all the DS entries. Will add more if there's any more? bibbster

2 each and ongoing Very Happy sean

Work and home done today. Smile nats

Couldn't vote for the wood turning from work (web site blocked?) but done from home, and Rosewood from both! Bodrighy

Both cracked the 100 thanks folk. Appreciated. I don't know what is needed to be in the running but let's hope there's a double Downsizers. I think today or tomorrow are the last days for voting.

pete
Rob R

Both cracked the 100 thanks folk. Appreciated. I don't know what is needed to be in the running but let's hope there's a double Downsizers. I think today or tomorrow are the last days for voting.

pete

I've just looked at the FAQs and it says;

Quote:
5. When can I submit my wish?

Wish submission is open between October 28, 2013 and December 11th, 2013.
6. When will winners be announced?

A total of eleven prizes totaling £15,000 will be awarded. We'll announce winners on the Intuit UK Facebook and Twitter page (@IntuitUK). Potential winners will be notified by and email after they've been selected. Drawings will occur on the following schedule:
-November 5, one £1,000 prize
-November 12, three £1,000 prizes
-November 19, three £1,000 prizes
-November 26, three £1,000 prizes
-December 11th, £5,000 prize
7. Can I submit a wish after November 5?

Yes! You can submit a wish even after we begin granting wishes. Of course, the sooner you submit your wish, the more time you have to get everyone to vote for it (votes make a difference!) The last day for submitting a wish is December 11th, 2013.
8. How are winning wishes selected?

Our panel of judges selects winners based on the nature of the wish, how the wish will transform your business, and how many votes your wish receives. Votes alone don’t determine the winner, but they make a difference.

So there's time yet, as the entries seem to run right through to November 26th for the £1000 entries.
nats

Still can't vote for Bodrighy from work - Blocked web site - but can for Rob. Wonder why? You'd have thought I'd know working in the IT dept!! Done what I can and will do both from home Bodrighy

Thanks for trying Nats. Odd though.

Pete
Green Rosie

Voted and tweeted. Come on everyone else ... GET VOTING Smile Bodrighy

I am getting close to the 200 mark but Rob could do with more votes. Don't forget you have plenty of time to vote and can vote once a day.

Pete
Rob R

I am getting close to the 200 mark but Rob could do with more votes. Don't forget you have plenty of time to vote and can vote once a day.

Pete

208 now v 151 - you must be more popular! Smile
Jamanda

Bumping this up. Vote early and vote often people. Bodrighy

Voted for Rob. Don't forget you can vote once a day.

Pete
Rob R

Thanks for the reminder (and the votes!)- been so busy over the last 3 days that I haven't had much time to drum up interest - now I know how politicians feel! sgt.colon

now I know how politicians feel!

Oh I don't know, you're a likable chap.
Rob R

now I know how politicians feel!

Oh I don't know, you're a likable chap.

Thank you, but there seems to be plenty of 'good' politicians that don't get votes, and at the end of the day if I don't get enough votes, I don't get paid.
nats

voted again - forgot at work sorry Embarassed Rob R

177 Very Happy bibbster

merrily voting away here too Laughing Bodrighy

Good morning folk, don't forget to vote for Rob and I today LOL

Pete
MornieG

Good morning folk, don't forget to vote for Rob and I today LOL

Pete

Done Rob 193

Mo.XX
Rob R

Thank you - four away from 200 now! Very Happy Green Rosie

3 away now Smile Rob R

One over Very Happy Bodrighy

Don't forget to vote for us folks and thanks for all the votes so far
Rob
Pete

Pete
Luath

Have done both again Very Happy Rob R

I've accidentally discovered that, while you can vote every day, you can also vote more than once a day by switching browsers. Just saying. Smile Rob R

•bump• Bodrighy

RE bump. Don't forget to vote for us today. Thanks again to all who have and are.

Pete
Luath

Voted for both, daily ritual now Laughing Barefoot Andrew

Voted for both, daily ritual now Laughing

Same here Very Happy unless I forget Embarassed
A.
Rob R

Thanks for all the votes today - we're up to 267 just now. Smile Bodrighy

Good morning people. Don't forget to vote for us today. See if we can't make the next big 00's Thank you for all the votes so far

Pete
Rob R

Good morning people. Don't forget to vote for us today. See if we can't make the next big 00's Thank you for all the votes so far

Pete

Ditto. And has anyone else entered? There must be more DS businesses in need of a cash injection?
Green Rosie

BUMP - links to vote are on first post of this thread. Bodrighy

Re: Vote to help Downsizers #SupportSmallBizUK

www.loveourlocalbusiness.com

Downsizer entries for the £1000 prize, please vote daily and share the links;

Rob R
Bodrighy

or here LOL

Pete
Green Rosie

Re-BUMP! Rob R

It's a very bumpy ride! I hope the judges do take more into consideration than the number of votes... Rob R

Bump of the day, please keep voting! Smile Bodrighy

Good morning DS'ers. Please remember to vote for us today. Thanks for all the votes so far

Pete

Rob R
Bodrighy
Bodrighy

Good morning DS'ers. Please remember to vote for us today. Every vote counts and is appreciated.

Pete

Rob R
Bodrighy
Rob R

Every vote counts and is appreciated.

Very much so, this is exactly the kind of funding that is lacking at the moment - small investments that aren't linked to rigid criteria and therefore have the potential to have a huge multiplier effect for the sucessful applicants.

Thank you.
Bodrighy

There are over 6000 registered members on here. If only 10% of those voted daily we would be way ahead Rob. Hint hint Razz

Pete
Rob R

This thread itself has had 2352 views in total, OK 352 of those are probably us but... Green Rosie

BUMP Very Happy

Good morning DS'ers. Please remember to vote for us today. Thanks for all the votes so far

Pete

Rob R
Bodrighy Rob R

Think of it less as a vote for Rob R & Bodrighy and more of a protest vote against George Osbourne... sean

Smile Bodrighy

Woohoo cracked the 1000 mark. Thanks to all who are voting for us. Let's keep it going. Rob needs a lot of votes please keep voting for him especially.

Pete
Rob R

Well done! Unless the judges don't take that much notice of the votes I can't see ours being sucessful - the top voting application has 10x our vote count! But then they are a charity, which doesn't seem within the spirit of the competition, but we'll have to wait & see what happens. Rob R

Nine votes shy of the half-century...

Rob R
Bodrighy
Bodrighy

Well done! Unless the judges don't take that much notice of the votes I can't see ours being successful - the top voting application has 10x our vote count! But then they are a charity, which doesn't seem within the spirit of the competition, but we'll have to wait & see what happens.

According to the rules the criteria for winning are

"Sponsor will select the Submission or Submissions that receive the highest-score from among all eligible Submissions received by each date listed above based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):

Wish will transform the small business (50%);

Small Business appropriately represents the Sponsor (25%); and

Public appeal (25%)"

Must admit I have a problem with some of the 'businesses that have high votes such as dance classes and charities but maybe it's just me and sour grapes.

Pete
Bodrighy

Bump Luath

Done for both Smile Rob R

We're just a few votes away from 1200 & 600 this evening - thank you for all the votes so far, and for voting every day! Very Happy Jamanda

How long does the scheme run for Rob? (Will keep voting for both until the end - the bumps help though) Rob R

The bumps help me some days too Smile 11th December is the last day of voting, not sure how long before we find out after that. Really hoping we get it this time though, I don't like asking for votes, third time lucky... Rob R

Bump Green Rosie

Pete

Rob R
Bodrighy

CRASH BANG WALLOP BUMP Wink
Pilsbury

Quick, someone vote for rob, i just made him 666........ bibbster

Quick, someone vote for rob, i just made him 666........
Your wish is my command Laughing
Pilsbury

Phew, glad we got him past that one.... Rob R

669 now - it just looks untidy, would someone just round it up? Smile Rob R

Ta Rob R

Pete

Rob R
Bodrighy

The daily bump
Rob R

I've just received news that the judges have selected us for one of the £1000 prizes!

But keep voting - there are still four prizes left!

Vote Bodrighy Jamanda

I've just received news that the judges have selected us for one of the £1000 prizes!

But keep voting - there are still four prizes left!

Vote Bodrighy

That's excellent new Rob! Very Happy
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Home Home Home Home Home