Downsizer Forum Index -> Seasonal and Frugal Shopping
sean

Wahooo...first UK asparagus of the year

Roasted with smoked cheese risotto for dinner this evening I think. Very Happy
I loves asparagus me.
tahir

Must send the wife to the farm shop
DawnMK

were picking our first this evening for dinner tonight, steamed served with garlic butter Very Happy
Green Rosie

I picked our first spears a few days ago - all THREE of them Rolling Eyes
DawnMK

I think we have about 10 Rolling Eyes
Green Rosie

Blimey, that's a veritable FEAST Laughing
DawnMK

They seemed to have grown nice and fat and slowely with this cold wet spell, we had a few when we had that hot spell at the start of April end of March
Mary-Jane

I noticed this morning that I have 4 very slender stalks up - I think I shall cut them for this evening Very Happy
mark

ooh feeling really priveleged - my first shoots came up several weeks ago in the warm weather at the start of april !
Now in second flush!
gardening-girl

We have been eating for about a month.I just love it. Laughing Laughing
chicken feed

Embarassed we gave our sow some for a treat tonight to celebrate her good news
Green Rosie

So, come on, hands up, admit it. Who has funny smelling wee after eating asparagus? Rolling Eyes Laughing
Jamanda

So, come on, hands up, admit it. Who has funny smelling wee after eating asparagus? Rolling Eyes Laughing

There is a theory that it isn't that it makes your pee smell or not, but that only some people have the nasal receptors for the the chemical in the smelly pee. But it may be nonsense.
Green Rosie

According to my googling it's not the only thing it changes the smell of Embarassed
judith

Embarassed we gave our sow some for a treat tonight to celebrate her good news

You fed asparagus to your pig?????? Surprised Shocked
Bungo

We have a few shoots , but can only admire them , as they were only planted last year blah5
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Seasonal and Frugal Shopping
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home