Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Pel

Wanted: Job on farm Ceredigion

I was hoping the folk from west-wales could keep a look/ear out for any farm type work that might be going?

I would like something that is full-time, or at least 3 days a week full-time.
Prefer dairy, beef, pigs, alpacas etc to sheep, but I do have quite a bit of sheep experience, including lambing, its just that I *get* the other livestock better.. If the farmer treated me like a sheepdog whilst herding or I could use a sheepdog for herding, then sheep wouldn't be an issue Smile

I dont really have any tractor experience at all, this is the main thing I lack, really want to learn, but if thats an essential skill already needed I dont have it.

Thank you Smile
Nick

I thought you were moving to be at university in bath/Bristol/York?

Is it me, or is there a different plan every day?
Pel

Yeah pretty much.

I am looking for an apprenticeship within the IT/electrial industry in SW england from Januaray, since that is when hubby's job contract finishes. One came up in this area so have applied for that.

If I'm to be stuck here for another year until hubby moves to Bath uni in september than I'd like to do a job I enjoy still, and have some possibilty of getting/actually existing in this area, which is Farming.

I can't go back to university, I can't get student loans/fund myself. Hubby now has decided he doesnt want to work in a university, but is considering doing a PGCE in Bath uni next year..

So yeah plan is pretty flexible, which I hate, not knowing what I'm doing/going makes for an unhappy Pely.. was once sorted, till my father stepped in Mad (but i'm not going into that)
Ty Gwyn

Whats a PGCE Pippa?

If you want a bit of experience tractor driving,i can help you out ,if you think it will give you a better chance finding something full time,
Nothing complicated,just a bit of yard work with the transport box.
jamanda

Post Graduate Certificate in Education

It's the qualification that allows you to teach in state run schools.

Presumably becoming obsolete as the new academies don't have the requirement that their teachers have qualified teacher status.
Ty Gwyn

Thanks for the explanation Jamanda.
Went

Presumably becoming obsolete as the new academies don't have the requirement that their teachers have qualified teacher status.

Really? So what will be the minimum qualification?
jamanda

Really? So what will be the minimum qualification?

Nothing as far as I gather.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-19017544
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home