Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
sean

We just got a plug on R6M

For the Public Service Broadcasting gig tomorrow at The Plough. Very Happy
Behemoth

ooh they're coming to the Brudenell....

...like them but occasionally overdo the banjo.
Nick

I heard it. Mr Maconie mentioned you.

Well, PSB.

Well, in fact, the support band.
Nick

ooh they're coming to the Brudenell....

...like them but occasionally overdo the banjo.

Ahem. I believe it's a banjolele.
Behemoth

a what?
Nick

Imagine a banjo and a ukulele loved each other very much, and had a special cuddle...
Nick

Ps. Did I mention I had a we job, and was looking for experts in the liquid dihyromonoxide delivery and management field?
jamanda

Ps. Did I mention I had a we job, and was looking for experts in the liquid dihyromonoxide delivery and management field?

A we job? I think you you need to take more dihydromonoxide with the ethanol.
Nick

Urine off. Smile Behemoth

Imagine a banjo and a ukulele loved each other very much, and had a special cuddle...

There's something not quite right about that. I'm seeing three thumbs and a Formby grin.
Behemoth

no...
robkb

Re: We just got a plug on R6M

Blimey, they're good! Very Happy
vegplot

I thought Sean was referring to the Petshop Boys. I havn't listened to the wireless for years. sean

Re: We just got a plug on R6M

Blimey, they're good! Very Happy

I dropped in this morning to sort a couple of bits and bobs out and a couple of people who'd seen them in Exeter last night rang up for tickets for tonight. Very Happy
robkb

Devon's a bit too far away for me, but after listening to some of their stuff I'm quite tempted by the London date. sean

Bah, leave work a bit early and drive a bit recklessly and you'll be in plenty of time... Wink robkb

Laughing Laughing Nick

Devon's a bit too far away for me, but after listening to some of their stuff I'm quite tempted by the London date.

Honestly, they're great. I saw them play in a tiny chapel in Hay, with an audience of about 40. Loved them. If you haven't heard the War room EP, you've missed out. Play it loud, in the car, or with headphones. Or in a built up area. Best in stereo, because the Spitfire's are really real then.
robkb

If you haven't heard the War room EP, you've missed out.

That's what I listened to this morning, in the office, on headphones, before anyone else got in. Cracking stuff Very Happy
Nick

20 foot projection of the video, loud, loud engine noise in stereo across the venue, and great cider. What's not to like?

Actually, I'd have liked them a lot more if they'd spoken, at all. Not a single word from either of them all night. Even the 'Thank you' was a recorded sample. A bit odd.

I'm curious to see if they're still doing that tonight.
sean

I'm curious to see if they're still doing that tonight.

Only people who turn up will ever know.

We've got a bigger screen than that though. Smile
Nick

I'm going off you. I cannot make it. It costs far too many Brownie points, and I'm saving up for a trip to Mr Bragg.

They project on a wall, if you haven't a screen.
robkb

Pah. Go all Jean-Michel Jarre and project on the whole town. sean

They're still using the speech synthesiser on stage. Nick

*THAT'S* your review? sean

Nope. That's just information. They were chuffing brilliant. Really nice chaps too. Boy Wonder wants the world to know that he's got the t-shirt. sean

I've been thinking about this some more. Flog a kidney to see them if necessary. They're playing in Wales and Oop North and everywhere, so there's no excuse.
Tour dates here.
robkb

So the London date's worth a tenner you reckon? sean

Yup. If we could get them back tomorrow I'd pay to see them again. I like The War Room EP and Signal 30 as recordings but they're a whole new ball game live. robkb

Wanders off to check bank balance... Wink Nick

They'll be big in 12 months, and charging double. robkb

They'll be big in 12 months, and charging double.

... and that'll still be £50 less than my idiot daughter paid to see Beiber this week Shocked
sean

And they were on stage nice and promptly, wearing jackets and ties. robkb

I've got a weird picture of a demob Kraftwerk in my head now. Nick

I've got a weird picture of a demob Kraftwerk in my head now.

I think you're not on the wrong lines.
Nick

They'll be big in 12 months, and charging double.

... and that'll still be £50 less than my idiot daughter paid to see Beiber this week Shocked

£28 to see them this weekend. But, that included DJ Yoda as support for an hour, and poking around the RAF museum in Hendon. You should have sold that kidney, Sean. Great gig.

And, let BW know the T shirt is available again, in Spitfire green, as a limited run.
sean

Bah, I'm over them now. They don't call, they don't write...[/furious jealousy]

linky
Nick

If you look hard enough, I'm in that clip.

No interest in the three piece horn section?
Nick

http://www.exetercastle.co.uk/history/66-oktoberfest

Sean, there's beer, PSB with new material and it's localish. What's not to like?
sean

Baka Beyond. Nick

This is where the beer comes in.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home