Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Seasonal and Frugal Shopping
Jonnyboy

Week five, one local summer challenge

Our best yet, self caught pollack cooked en papillote with herbs and baby vegetables also from the garden.

All washed down with elderflower champagne!

Completely self sufficient meal!
sean

Congratulations. Sounds good.
judith

That sounds rather good indeed. I do like pollack.
Fee

Excellent, pics? Very Happy
judith

Nearly failed last week - wasn't really in the mood for cooking much, but just managed to squeak in at the last minute.

Saturday's lunch (failed again on the photo) was a warm salad of assorted leaves (from the garden), crispy fried lardons (home grown and cured), black pudding (Maynard's farm) and poached eggs. Served with crusty rolls and butter as per usual.
Raspberries and strawberries (from garden) with yoghurt (now home-made) for pud.
Rosemary Judy

Managed it last week on holiday in the Lake District..... Very Happy

Salt marsh lamb, local veggies, local potatoes.

For pud - Cartmel sticky toffee pud ( not entirely sure about this, but Mr RJ said it must be okay Rolling Eyes )

washed down with Bluebird ale made in Coniston.....

and followed by local cheese from Booths supermarket, one was a sheeps milk cheese and was gorgeous.

One of the nicest meals I have cooked for a long time

Why can't I buy the same sort of things in my East Midlands home ????
judith

Rosemary Judy wrote:
Managed it last week on holiday in the Lake District..... Very Happy

Salt marsh lamb, local veggies, local potatoes.

For pud - Cartmel sticky toffee pud ( not entirely sure about this, but Mr RJ said it must be okay Rolling Eyes )

washed down with Bluebird ale made in Coniston.....

and followed by local cheese from Booths supermarket, one was a sheeps milk cheese and was gorgeous.

One of the nicest meals I have cooked for a long time

Why can't I buy the same sort of things in my East Midlands home ????

Missed this yesterday, RJ. Sounds absolutely fab.
I've never eaten salt marsh lamb - is there a noticeable difference in flavour from other lamb?
Rosemary Judy

Very subtle actually, to my taste buds Embarassed

- but the meat is properly hung, and is not packed into a vaccuum pack til you buy it, and I think this makes all the difference and cooked very pink, and it just melts in your mouth.

Yummmmmmm

we had some local steak, from the beleted galloway herd up there and also some cumberland sausage from Waberthwaite.

a great holiday !
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Seasonal and Frugal Shopping
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home