Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
fenwoman

wellies

On the back of the wellies thread I thought I would post this. Last year I made some planters out of a pair of my old wellies. I cut slits in them and planted lobelia and nasturtiums and hung them on the down pipe. They looked great. I bet you could grow say 4 carrots in each one too. Wouldn't that look unusual? A line of old wellies each with flowers or veg growing in them? Beats putting them into landfill after all.
Lozzie

I worked at a nursery school in a very rural part of Dorset last year where children leaving to go to "Big School" had been encouraged to leave their brightly coloured wellies behind ... the result was a lovely line of primary-coloured miniature bootees, all planted up with everything from lavender to lobelia, outside the front of the nursery. I wish I had had a camera with me!!

I read on treehugger.com about a company called smile plastics (http://www.smile-plastics.co.uk/) who recycle old wellies (amongst other things) into sheets of material that you can use for anything from cladding walls to covering tabletops with.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home