Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Dee J

West Devon smallholding - early notice of sale

This is kind of an early heads-up. With changing plans and a new project, we are thinking of selling up.

So - Western edge of Dartmoor - just outside the National Park

Four-bed, two bathroom, two recep detatched house. Was originally a pair of farmworkers cottages 3-400 years old, but with modern extensions. Solar PV and Solar thermal. Wood fired Rayburn in the kitchen diner and a small vintage solid fuel stove in the lounge.

Land The house is in about 0.8 acres, with veg garden, raised beds, polytunnel and small greenhouse. Other outbuildings include a garage, small workshop, studio space and a couple of sheds.
Nearby (about 50' away) 1.2 acre meadow with field shelter, pig ark, orchard corner.

There is some finishing work to be done before we put the place formally on the market early next year.

Price around £400k fully finished and sold via an agent, but we're open to offers/negotiation meanwhile.

We have a few soay sheep, some chooks, a couple of runner ducks and a couple of hives of bees which could be included in an early sale....
gythagirl

Does sound lovely - are you able to add a pic or 2..?
chez

Sounds lovely! I second the request for pics ... purely for vicarious purposes. It's a shame that Fee and HT chose Derbyshire though!
Fee

Staffordshire, actually Wink

It is, though!
sean

Staffordshire, Derbyshire, it's all oop North.
wellington womble

Do you know, up here they think they are the midlands? Imagine that?
Mistress Rose

No, anywhere north of the Home Counties is midlands, anywhere north of Birmingham is 'up north'. There are even some who claim that northerners begin north of Butser Hill in Hampshire, but being charitable I will extend the bounds a bit. Laughing
NorthernMonkeyGirl

*draws line on map at Sheffield*
Hmph
Mistress Rose

Laughing
gregotyn

My Dad would not have liked to be classed as anything less than North so the line has to be slightly below Sheffield please NMG-just to include Millhouses Park! His home was owned by our family in Ecclesfield for almost 100 years. I know Ecclesfield is above Sheffield proper, but we would like a safety gap!
NorthernMonkeyGirl

*smudges line to Chesterfield*
gregotyn

Thanks NMG
Dee J

Well this is it. Officially on the market as of today....
http://www.stags.co.uk/properties/11226248/sales
sean

Oooh, on the market with Stags. There's posh. Wink
Dee J

Oooh, on the market with Stags. There's posh. Wink

Posh or not, lets just hope they do their job. We bought through them, and they seem to handle a lot of the smallholding and equestrian places around here.
sean

It looks very nice. And Stags is undoubtedly the right agent for a place like that round here.
gythagirl

Looks fab - paddock and easy access to Dartmoor riding should be a huge draw.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home