Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY
Woodburner

What can I make from . .? Never mind, just had an idea!

I've finally broken up a great big old wardrobe, that's been taking up space for too long, and too big to try and get out of the house again. I've got three types of potentially useable bits from it, thin ply - can replace smoke stained drawer bottoms, lengths of hardwood - got a ton of weaving accessories I can make from that if I can get the bits of ply unstuck from them, and a lot of nicely veneered chipboard - that I can't think of any use for.
I'm probably being blinded by my dislike of the stuff, so could someone less blinkered please think of something for me!

There are four pieces about 6ft by 18", ond one about 8" by 6ft.

D'oh, after writing all that I've just realised I could make a nice ottoman type storage box, for use in the attic . . . until I buy a bigger house! Razz Laughing

Any other interesting ideas will still be appreciated though! Very Happy
Wentworth

Storage is always good. Book/CD/DVD Storage? We never have enough for that.
Woodburner

Got to say, that made me chuckle. You weren't to know though. Embarassed
The previous owner of my house was a shelving fanatic. There was at least one set of every kind of shelving system ever invented when I moved in, even a set of modular plastic boxish things for old style audio cassettes. One lot was taken away when they moved, but I have gradually removed most of the 'odder' one. They were all over the place. There were at least four sets in the dining room still, not counting the ones that were already removed. There is still an odd pair in my b'room, and a whole load of them built into a shallow, narrow alcove left infront of the chimneybreast, between the airing cupboard and the fitted wardrobe, and hidden by a door painted to match the wardrobe doors. For quite a while I wondered what I could do with them, but then I forgot about them, now I think I'll have a box making session with them. Very Happy
Wentworth

Got to say, that made me chuckle. You weren't to know though. Embarassed
The previous owner of my house was a shelving fanatic. There was at least one set of every kind of shelving system ever invented when I moved in, even a set of modular plastic boxish things for old style audio cassettes. One lot was taken away when they moved, but I have gradually removed most of the 'odder' one. They were all over the place. There were at least four sets in the dining room still, not counting the ones that were already removed. There is still an odd pair in my b'room, and a whole load of them built into a shallow, narrow alcove left infront of the chimneybreast, between the airing cupboard and the fitted wardrobe, and hidden by a door painted to match the wardrobe doors. For quite a while I wondered what I could do with them, but then I forgot about them, now I think I'll have a box making session with them. Very Happy
Very Happy Laughing Shocked
Chickem

A bonfire?
nice & warming in this weather Wink Very Happy
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home