Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Effie

What happened this morning?

I was getting a thing saying "phpbb critical. Cannot connect to database" about half an hour ago and DS wouldn't appear.

A random oddity, but just thought I'd flag it up incase it was an issue for people who understand this kind of thing.
jema

The database server needed rebooting Sad We have had a number of problems on the server and this is being checked out.
earthyvirgo

Yeah, me too Effie.
I just wait, knowing there's a tecchie genius busy fixing it behind the scenes.

EV
Effie

Oh dear, that sounds like it may be quite headache inducing for you to deal with.

We're all very grateful DS'ers that the techie people make it all work so well and deal with thing like this. So, thank you.
arvo

Effie wrote:
Oh dear, that sounds like it may be quite headache inducing for you to deal with.

We're all very grateful DS'ers that the techie people make it all work so well and deal with thing like this. So, thank you.

I second that. Smile
caths

thirded Laughing
Beyondrusty

Fourthded! Easy to foget sometimes how much work goes on "behind the scenes" Very Happy
sean

Pah. jema spends most of his time sitting on a golden throne surrounded by apes and peacocks and having his every whim attended to by scantily clad nubiles (or Pricey if the whim involves showers).
Barefoot Andrew

What a mental image Shocked Laughing
A.
earthyvirgo

sean wrote:
Pah. jema spends most of his time sitting on a golden throne surrounded by apes and peacocks and having his every whim attended to by scantily clad nubiles (or Pricey if the whim involves showers).

Scantily clad nubiles I can understand but Apes and peacocks!!! Shocked

Blimey, is this a world of fantasy specific to programmers or am I just being a bit naive .....?

EV
jamanda

Naw, Sean isn't a programmer. Rolling Eyes
sean

It's a biblical reference (to Solomon, I think) suggesting unimaginable wealth. Philistines. Smile
earthyvirgo

sean wrote:
It's a biblical reference (to Solomon, I think) suggesting unimaginable wealth. Philistines. Smile

Oooooh, I see.
Hangs head in ignorance Crying or Very sad

I'm reading Tolstoy, not my bible at the moment.

EV
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home