Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
earthyvirgo

What information would you expect to see on a banner

I'm currently doing the design for a roll up banner for a laundry/linen hire business. It's going to be used, primarily, in trade shows.

What info would you expect/want to see on the banner?

My inclination is as little as possible:

Company name
web address
Strapline/what they do

...using the design and probably large photographic image/s to do the hard work.

(no tel no, address, etc as that'll all be on the website and the business card they'll pick up)

EV
Nell Merionwen

Re: What information would you expect to see on a banner

I'm currently doing the design for a roll up banner for a laundry/linen hire business. It's going to be used, primarily, in trade shows.

Company name
web address
Strapline/what they do

...using the design and probably large photographic image/s to do the hard work.

(no tel no, address, etc as that'll all be on the website and the business card they'll pick up)

EV

I'd add the telephone number. Not everyone has web access.
welsh veg grower

at a trade show the banners are just to cacth the eye and draw you to a stand to pick up materials with contact details on etc. You dont stand by a banner and write the contact details down. Id go for stand out graphics and soemthing which says what they do so people can decide if they want to stop at that stand or not.
earthyvirgo

Re: What information would you expect to see on a banner

Company name
web address
Strapline/what they do

EV

I'd add the telephone number. Not everyone has web access.

Even a trade show audience?

EV
vegplot

A QR code. Midland Spinner

Well, our sign for trading at re-enactments just says "Handmade Things". People stop, look, maybe chuckle or mutter "Ronseal moment" but then approach, look at our stuff, hopefully buy some stuff, and take away a business card.

I opted not to put the whole "Alison and Hugh's Handmade Things" on the sign because the piece of wood wasn't over large. But now we have a bigger tent and a van we are thinking of doing a canvas banner with the whole name on (especially since OH pointed out that then if people take photos they'll have enough details to google us). Quite a lot of people these days use the camera in their phone to record stalls at trade events, so having contact details on the banner might be useful.
earthyvirgo

A QR code.

Would that need to be at a height easy to access with mobile phone?

... not hidden away in a corner.

EV
Pilsbury

A QR code.

Would that need to be at a height easy to access with mobile phone?

... not hidden away in a corner.

EV
No, just big enough for a smart phone to see it, I would say no smaller than 6" square, preferably bigger if its going to be at the,back of the stand or quite high up.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home