Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
alison

what is this called please

On http://www.bournemouth.co.uk/things-to-do/attractions

bottem right hand conrer.

your itinerary planner

What type of add on would this be please. Is it a basket / shopping cart, or could it be done in an easier way please.
chez

I guess it would be called a widget and is probably custom made for the site.

Do I gather from your questions over the last few weeks that you are rejiggling your website, Alison?
alison

I guess it would be called a widget and is probably custom made for the site.

Do I gather from your questions over the last few weeks that you are rejiggling your website, Alison?

I can't imagine what gave that away Wink

I am.

Have you had a look at it yet, to give me more suggestions? I really need help on how to order the attractions bit
dpack

re attractions

for instance

beaches ,type and location
sandy beach family friendly with lifeguard ice creams etc at ....)
rocky with fishing and headland paths at ....)

activities type and location
(saxon church at ...)
quad biking at ...)
walking at... with tearooms at ...)

restaurant type and location
bistro at ...)
michlin 2 star at ....)

hope that makes sense but i would search for the thing then find out where it was
vegplot

We built a couple for tourism sites some years ago. It's not something you can pick up and plug in.
alison

We built a couple for tourism sites some years ago. It's not something you can pick up and plug in.

ok thanks. Thought I may have been a bit over the top
Lloyd

Also maybe offer advice re: parking near beaches, (or lack of) and parking charges, etc. Very Happy vegplot

As you need to ensure you're the centre of attention insofar as your visitors are concerned have to considered adding how far or long it will take to get to attraction(by car, cycle and foot) from your farm? This may help people plan their stay better.

You can use Google maps to generate the routes and provide the map itself which you can link to or embed in the attraction listing (provide post codes to help with sat nav).

It's a fair bit of work but will help your web site stand out from the crowd, any USP is always good.

Code:
<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="https://www.google.co.uk/maps?t=m&amp;geocode=FeN4CQMdyMjA_yn9rm6lGUBsSDHzxkcxC8t1rg%3BFfUTDQMdaRnB_ykVWsQzISRsSDE4Z2A5b-n9dw&amp;saddr=The+Plough+Arts+Centre,+9-11+Fore+St,+Great+Torrington,+Devon+EX38+8HQ,+United+Kingdom&amp;daddr=Ilfracombe,+Devon+EX34+8NA&amp;dirflg=d&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=51.070875,-4.270028&amp;spn=0,0&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="https://www.google.co.uk/maps?t=m&amp;geocode=FeN4CQMdyMjA_yn9rm6lGUBsSDHzxkcxC8t1rg%3BFfUTDQMdaRnB_ykVWsQzISRsSDE4Z2A5b-n9dw&amp;saddr=The+Plough+Arts+Centre,+9-11+Fore+St,+Great+Torrington,+Devon+EX38+8HQ,+United+Kingdom&amp;daddr=Ilfracombe,+Devon+EX34+8NA&amp;dirflg=d&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=51.070875,-4.270028&amp;spn=0,0&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

alison

Thanks vp.

I have embedded a google map on the directions page, and I am already thinking of using one for attractions.

I was working on splitting up the region into various areas, colour coded, and then siting the attractions etc in each colour. That is why I was wondering about an attraction based ie castles etc, or an area based menu.
alison

Also maybe offer advice re: parking near beaches, (or lack of) and parking charges, etc. Very Happy

Good idea Very Happy
       Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home