Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Hairyloon

What price solar?

What should one expect to be paying for solar panels these days?
Nick

They start at 3.49 on eBay. Wink
mousjoos

I keep hearing about Bimble

Depending on the context this seems worth a look
Hairyloon

If you're going to be sarky, you could at least be accurately sarky: they start at 99p. Possibly even less if you're lucky at an auction. Wink
Hairyloon

I keep hearing about Bimble

Depending on the context this seems worth a look

Their panels seem to start at 37p/W, but their online system designer doesn't seem to work.
mousjoos

I think they have some starter kits, but the only time I tried to take a serious look, their site didn't appear to be working...could have been my shit computer, but I've not had time to go back since Nick

If you're going to be sarky, you could at least be accurately sarky: they start at 99p. Possibly even less if you're lucky at an auction. Wink

Hey, I encouraged you to search yourself for an answer. You're welcome.
Hairyloon

Hey, I encouraged you to search yourself for an answer. You're welcome.
The trouble with ebay is that it can be hard to tell if a thing is cheap because it is a bargain or because it is crap...
And this Bimble place seems generally cheaper than most of what I saw on ebay, but I have not yet looked hard.
wellington womble

My ground mounted system cost 8k. That includes some trenching, a hundred yards of armoured cable and a new consumer unit though.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home