Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Downsizing abroad
madmonk

What's your weather like??????

It was -10 here last night.
Penny Outskirts

-10 the night before, wasn't so bad last night, but looks like another -10 tonight Surprised

We're frozen in the shop Sad
Slim

Keep in mind, these are all in fahrenheit. The high of 34F = 1C and the low of 9F = -13C

the week's forecast here:

Today: A chance of drizzle, snow showers, and freezing drizzle before noon, then a slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. West wind between 8 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Tonight: A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14. West wind between 7 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. West wind between 6 and 8 mph.

Tuesday Night: Snow, mainly after midnight. Low around 21. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Wednesday: Snow before noon, then snow and sleet between noon and 4pm, then snow after 4pm. High near 31. East wind between 7 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Wednesday Night: Snow likely, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Thursday: A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9.

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 21.

Friday Night: A chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 6. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Saturday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 19.
Slim

(this is fairly typical for the area for January and February, though we often have bigger extremes - up to the 40sF in the afternoon, down into the negatives overnight)
Went

15 c during the day but has reached 22 c.....cool on an evening 3 c. Rarely have frosts and even rarer to have snow so near the coast.
boisdevie1

Minus 10 is fine. But not when you're bloody pipes are frozen.
suomi

We are down to minus 25 oc.
I know it sounds pretty cold but it really is lovely! its a dry cold not the damp cold as in the UK.
every thing is white and beautiful. its a bummer to keep filling up water buckets for the sheep other wise we are all warm and happy, happy, happy Very Happy
vegplot

Rising damp has frozen.
Nanny

the horse wee in the stables froze overnight again

really great to chip off the mats
Rob R

Sticky thaw here, horrible & clarty.
frewen

clarty - what a great word Very Happy
Bebo

Foggy. I nearly pottytrain5 myself on the drive home from the station. I hate driving in fog.
dpack

it describes it well round here as well
iirc clarty is a old scandinavian word for describing clinging mud,part of the yorkshire language
judith

Bebo wrote:
Foggy. I nearly pottytrain5 myself on the drive home from the station. I hate driving in fog.

Then you definitely deserve some beer.
lottie

We got home to frozen pipes and no water---my O.H. had only been away a day and a half ----luckily our good neighbour had managed to water the poultry---at least getting a good fire going to run the heating has cured any inside problems. Very Happy
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Downsizing abroad
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home