Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
12Bore

Why I do the shopping and cooking

Mrs 12Bore has just returned from the shop, I asked her to get 3 things, a Bramley apple, some redcurrant jelly and some prosciutto ham.
She has come back with an anonymous Co-op red apple, cranberry sauce and chocolate... bandhead
sean

Try to think of it as being in an episode of Ready,Steady, Cook. Wink
sueshells

Re: Why I do the shopping and cooking

Mrs 12Bore has just returned from the shop, I asked her to get 3 things, a Bramley apple, some redcurrant jelly and some prosciutto ham.
She has come back with an anonymous Co-op red apple, cranberry sauce and chocolate... bandhead

Well I'm sure something delicious could be constructed from those ingredients. Not the something delicious which was originally intended, however.......
oldish chris

so now you'll never trust her to go shopping again? Not as daft as she seems Wink
12Bore

More training needed...
frewen

What were you making?
Ty Gwyn

Why don`t you buy British ham,not that Spanish prosecuted stuff?
Nick

It's italian, and sometimes only the right stuff will do.
12Bore

What were you making?

Pork Wellington made with local pork fillet stuffed and black pudding, with mushroom, garlic, onion, and apple duxcelle, duchess potatoes, cauli, broccoli and roasted parsnips & carrots, all dressed in a cranberry (rather than the intended Redcurrant), onion, mushroom and red wine jus.
Lloyd

Quite a platefull! 12Bore

And not connected in any way with me spending all of today in hospital with kidney stone triggered agony... Crying or Very sad Nicky cigreen

And not connected in any way with me spending all of today in hospital with kidney stone triggered agony... Crying or Very sad

oh no - that sounds grim Sad
12Bore

Much better today thanks Very Happy john of wessex

So when shall we come round? 12Bore

Any time you like Laughing
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home