Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property
Rob R

Win a farm

Just seen this on tv Surprised www.winafarm.co.uk
Chez

Crikey. A bit of a loose definition of 'farm' going on there, isn't there?
Behemoth

"Main prize consists of a cheque for 500,000 for the winner to spend how they wish but will be enough to purchase a farm holding somewhere on the UK mainland. There are also a pair of Joules wellies for each of the 50 lucky runners up. Please advise required size when submitting your claim."
Chez

I'm not saying I won't do it, mind.
12Bore

*Puts soup on shopping list*
Behemoth

The odds must be better than investing in the lottery.
T.G

You don't want a farm, you'll have to deal with townies, and be overrun with chickens and have piles of manure all over the shop .... actually the first part is more than enough to put people off surely Wink
12Bore

You don't want a farm, you'll have to deal with townies, and be overrun with chickens and have piles of manure all over the shop .... actually the first part is more than enough to put people off surely Wink
Don't forget my rocking chair and banjo (*wistful sigh*)Laughing
cir3ngirl

We still have a sticky pudding in the fridge
T.G

*Puts soup on shopping list* You don't want a farm, you'll have to deal with townies, and be overrun with chickens and have piles of manure all over the shop .... actually the first part is more than enough to put people off surely Wink

I havea bloodhound you can borrow for the porch Wink
12Bore

*Puts soup on shopping list* You don't want a farm, you'll have to deal with townies, and be overrun with chickens and have piles of manure all over the shop .... actually the first part is more than enough to put people off surely Wink

My beagle might sulk. I've got the shotgun though, bring on the townies. Laughing
Rob R

Might be living on soup for a while here - what a great way to sell ready meals!
T.G

My beagle might sulk. I've got the shotgun though, bring on the townies. Laughing

How many points if you merely wing one?
Rusticwood

Each entry will be awarded a random number that will be checked against the prize database to determine whether or not it is a winner. Although the prizes are available to be won, there is no guarantee that they will actually be won.

Confused
wizz

That particular soup has been on special offer locally.... needless to say our soup consumption has gone up but I haven't even managed a pair of wellies yet.

Quote:
Although the prizes are available to be won, there is no guarantee that they will actually be won.

or perhaps they should state... "there is no guarantee that we will actually award any winning numbers.... ???

I read that after I bought the soup....
Rob R

*crosses soup off shopping list*
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home