Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
dpack

wind and power

green is the colour of money
vegplot

Dave Cambo is set against land based wind power but it seems only after his in-laws have got a firm footing on the subsidies ladder.
OtleyLad

Re: wind and power

Sigh. How come none of my relatives are rich?
I'll just have to keep voting for the left (that is until I inherit my fortune).
Falstaff

Sigh. How come none of my relatives are rich?
I'll just have to keep voting for the left (that is until I inherit my fortune).

Blair seems to have doe all right out of that principle Laughing

It is horrific just how much those windmills everywhere cost us isn't it ? Evil or Very Mad
dpack

at least the queen gets 15% of the seabed rental for the offshore ones

the onshore ones only seem to be profitable from the feed in subsidies.

better than the deals with nukes where the company gets the profits and we pay for the tidy up later(see the state of play at sellawinddriggscale etc)
Hairyloon

It is horrific just how much those windmills everywhere cost us isn't it ? Evil or Very Mad
Look on it as a measure of how much electricity they are producing.
Falstaff

Look on it as a measure of how much electricity they are producing.

PLease do tell ! Rolling Eyes
Falstaff

better than the deals with nukes where the company gets the profits and we pay for the tidy up later(see the state of play at sellawinddriggscale etc)

Sorry I'm reading and re-reading, but getting nothing but Blurb ! - Please do rephrase your point ! Neutral
dpack

iirc every megawatt is subsidized by about 40% added to the price of the leccy squirted into the grid.

but in the case of offshore ,the company involved (we cant ask is the shareholders also get rent on the seabed) often gets the electric price,the feed in subsidy for green energy and gov backed loans ,easy planning ,subsidized shipyard work to build and deliver the kit etc .

with no subsidies(rental aspect) off shore would be marginal and onshore would often be a loss maker or at best a very long term investment as onshore has a practical output of about a third of the rated capacity as the wind is often too slow or too fast or too variable in strength and direction.

moving water has a lot of potential but clean energy isnt the prime motivation of the peeps who invest in such things
dpack

Sorry I'm reading and re-reading, but getting nothing but Blurb ! - Please do rephrase your point ! Neutral

the crown estate gets the sea bed rentals in territorial waters .in exchange for giving up the civil list queenie asked for 15% of the crown estate revenues ,at the time it seemed a good deal for the public as most of the crown estate is gov buildings ,mod used stuff etc etc but the other party saw where the future lay.

the new batch of nukes are overtly owned by french and chinese companies,placed on old magnox sites and there are no gnts that the companies involved will clean up the sites,any unpleasantness or fuel production/disposal issues.
the sellafield site has been mismanaged by the commercial group earning billions and is being taken into public care for the foreseeable future to improve safety and reduce the waste of money .

ps the crown estate revenues also includes charging for licenses for fracking oil and gas (and i think ucg/methane extraction but the rules on messing in coal seems are a bit older than the new extreme energy stuff)
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home