Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
ewe with prolapse

Author 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 16 5:23 pm    Post subject: ewe with prolapse Reply with quote

As title says, she is about 4 yrs old, no past lambing problems,it is only a slight vaginal prolapse...she is due to lamb anytime now,(scanned with twins) sometimes its just a tiny sort of black "nodule" others its a bit bigger and pink,only seen when she is lying down, it all disappears when standing. should I do anything or not???? Thanks

Marionb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 16 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get a retaining harness to put on her which will stop her prolapsing. Your local agricultural merchant should stock them

gapcap

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 16 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you marionb, she is now sporting one.,luckily we had bought some last year which we didnt use,so fingers x'd

Cathryn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 16 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote a few articles on lambing, some years ago now. They are here on downsizer, I use them myself as I tend to need reminding from one to the next! They show up as the first three articles on my latest articles list on the left but that might just be on my pc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive