Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Utilities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property
Author 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 10 1:44 pm    Post subject: Utilities Reply with quote

When buying a house, how can I ensure the utilities such as gas, electric, and phone will all be available. Will the previous occupant have aranged final meter readings? Will I have to notifiy all the companies that I want to stay with them before I get the keys?

Nell Merionwen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 10 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Utilities Reply with quote

Green Man wrote:
When buying a house, how can I ensure the utilities such as gas, electric, and phone will all be available. Will the previous occupant have aranged final meter readings? Will I have to notifiy all the companies that I want to stay with them before I get the keys?

in theory yes. If they have not taken final meter readings you can request the estate agent go and get them for you. Failing that I am pretty sure we just rang and had it connected then gave meter reading when we moved in.

Penny Outskirts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 10 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would notify them all before, and when you get access take your own readings all tell them those too. Probably obvious, but if you want to shop around for the best deal once you're in, make sure they don't sign you into a contract.

Green Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 10 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive