Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
First wild 'shroom

Author 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 05 4:34 pm    Post subject: First wild 'shroom Reply with quote

I have just eaten my first ever self collected wild mushrooms.

I found two really nice looking large parasols (I hope ) and after looking up as many references as I could finally decided to try them.

I lightly fried them in olive oil and ate them with home made sausages and free range eggs (shop bought sadly ). They tasted absolutely great.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that I got it right.......

dougal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 05 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weirder it looks, the surer you can be on the ID !!!

Now you've started, you're gonna regret the change in the season...

Parasols are splendid things, though there are some scaled down versions (a couple of inches across) that are dodgy. Big is perfectly safe.
The shaggy parasol (bit smaller, red tinge to the flesh, and it keeps better - doesn't go floppy so quickly) is OK for most (but not quite all) folk. And, IMHO, tastes even better.

Parasol cooking. They seem to go specially well with egg, cream and cheese. So add a few fresh breadcrumbs to hold a stuffing together, and bake them in the oven. I think that brings out their amazing aroma better than frying in oil... Mmmm, getting hungry now!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive