Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Health Benefits of raw milk article

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Seasonal and Frugal Shopping
Author 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 11 9:31 am    Post subject: Health Benefits of raw milk article Reply with quote

In Caduceus, which I though might be of interest.

https://www.publications-online.co.uk/CAD/CAD80/pageflip.html

This link comes with an official warning from me that some may find the additional content of the magazine sets off their WOO WOO ALERT SIREN

It's on page 8 - so you can skip straight there!

Kate

Mrs R

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 11 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo woo alert - lol

thanks for the article

gardening-girl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 11 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`m not far from Glasto,perhaps I could do some ghost dancing!

Nick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 11 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus. Now my eyes are itching.

Katieowl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 11 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gardening-girl wrote:

I`m not far from Glasto,perhaps I could do some ghost dancing!

That would be right up my street but shhhhh....don't tell anyone!

Kate

gardening-girl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 11 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pop down,we could do a DS group dance

shadiya

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 11 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting article but surprised that she didn't mention the enormous amount of concentrate fed to cows to get them to produce the volumes of milk they do. Do dairy farmers really only feed grass during the summer? I didn't think so but have never worked on one so really don't know....

Mrs R

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 11 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do they heck thesedays well, not in general.

Rob R

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 11 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, there are some glaring mistakes, like the assumption about pasture feeding and vaccination that don't seem to have been researched at all. Reference 38 is just stupid - 3 days for unhomogenised milk and 11 for pasteurised must have been written by someone selling homogenisation equipment as I've just taken a swig from a bottle of unhomogenised bought 9 days ago which had a use by date of 11th April on whilst the bottle next to it was homogenised and had a 8th April date on it. I think perhaps the author has got the reference the wrong way around, but unfortunately the ref is no longer available online.

As an article it seems to have been a waste of time & I would advise anyone to ignore it and skip straight to the references, if you're interested.

ETA - although the references all seem to have expired, better to read some of the author's of the references work.

shadiya

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 11 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit, whilst not knowing much about the dairy industry, I was struggling to believe that you could get away with feeding highly bred Holsteins on just grass and get the performance required from them. Given that was the case, I tended to assume that if she didn't know what she was talking about in that instance, it was entirely possible that she didn't actually really know all that much about anything. I am a whole hearted advocate of raw milk and it's a pity to have such badly researched articles published. If I had time, I'd write to the editor.

Mrs R

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 11 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read about somebody grassfeeding holsteins and he is 'making it work' after 10 years, but there was a lot of pain involved and basically, he was trying to make a square peg fit a round hole IMO - he's ended up with holsteins that are more like other breeds and could have saved himself 10yrs if he'd just switched breeds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Seasonal and Frugal Shopping All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive