links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Hello Sailor
Page 1, 2, 3  Next

Author 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 11 5:31 am    Post subject: Hello Sailor Reply with quote

Help I need some advice.
How much is this boat worth? I took Kaz to see it last night it but the problem, is that I genuinely don't have an idea as to what would be a reasonable market price for it.
I'm in the stripey top with the boat concealing my curvacious manly figure trying to look knowledgeable and none too eager.

The boat is twelve and a half feet long with a beam of five feet. The outboard has only been used for an hour and the galvanised trailer is in excellent condition.

I could do with some practical advice on this one. The boat would be ideal for my needs, good condition, stable and easy to launch and retrieve from the beach but I'm concerned that the asking price might be OTT.

Jonnyboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 11 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giving that you could probably pick up something similar for around £1500 that would be my rough valuation.

Went

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 11 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonnyboy wrote:
Giving that you could probably pick up something similar for around £1500 that would be my rough valuation.

So little? Over here in Spain you would be paying at least 4k for something like that.

Jonnyboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 11 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could put a package like that together brand new for £3k.

Only thing is whether he is expecting top whack for the engine.

Went

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 11 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew prices were high here but if that is the case, they are not high they are extortionate...

Let me get this clear - boat, trailer and outboard for 3K - brand new?

Lorrainelovesplants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 11 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not £3 grand - ridiculously expensive for what is a day boat.

Id say as a package between £800 and £1000. You can getproper 21 footers with cabins, trailer & outboard for £1500 - check out ebay.

Jonnyboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 11 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, something like a Kruger lambda is under 2k new, you can get a trailer for 500 ish and a new parsun 5hp is about 600 - 700. Granted you might need to do a bit of negotiation but off the shelf it would only be 3,200.

Bodger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 11 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've checked E-bay and its really tricky to check out prices, the boats are all different, trailers dodgy and its also impossible to tell how much clog their engines have had. As for 21 footers and the like, I've had some around that size before and i'm afraid that they've stayed firmly put here on the farm. They are hard work trying to get in and out of the water and I don't fancy having one permanantly moored. I'd be lying in bed worrying everytime we had a storm.
The ease of launching would be a big plus with this one and I'd be much more likely to get around to using it.

This boat belongs to the guy whose going to do the sign writing for my van. He mentioned in conversation that he had a fishing boat that be for sale. He showed me the boat and said that he wanted 3K for it. I ignored it and a week later, he brought the subject up again and had dropped the price by £500. I'm thinking of offering him around 2K for it. What do you think?

Jonnyboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 11 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes you think it would be easy to launch?

If you know him well then maybe try and get a borrow to test it out?

EDIT: here's a terhi near me with no engine for 1400. A very good boat. https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/fishing-boat/84697879

So I would say that 2k would be top whack, I certainly think you can get comparable for less.

Last edited by Jonnyboy on Wed Aug 03, 11 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total

wildfoodie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 11 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you take it for a test run? and did you have a budget to start with?

you surely must know what a dinghy would cost (roughly) , it can't be too difficult to find the cost of a trailer and a second hand vgc outboard motor.
Add it all up and take a bit off for 'bulk buying' and there's your market price. If that figure is around what you were thinking of paying then go ahead, if not then haggle.

Last edited by wildfoodie on Wed Aug 03, 11 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Jonnyboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 11 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bodger, try and sell your kayak to treacodactyl first!

Bodger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 11 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kayak is staying where it is but I do have a 16 foot Canadian canoe thats for sale at £250.
I don't have a limited budget, just a wife.

vegplot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 11 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

£1,500 - £1,800 is the figure I'd be looking at for a boat of this type and condition.

Lorrainelovesplants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 11 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John says offer him under a thousand....

Katieowl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 11 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a lovely little boat.

Wish they'd let me have a boat. Every time I bring it up the family act like I'm trying to buy the Titanic

Kate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive