Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Crab/Lobster Snare trap

Author 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 05 4:10 pm    Post subject: Crab/Lobster Snare trap Reply with quote

Posted this on the RiverCottage forum, no luck there but after dicovering this wonderfull site, though I would register and try my luck on here. Hello by the way!

Just seen an add on ebay for a crab and lobster trap usable on a rod and line.

It works around the principle of a small mesh cage for the bait surrounded by about 7 or 8 heavy mono snares that lie flat against the sea bed. This can be attached to your line by a swivel and cast or lowered out. When you feel a crustacean tugging at the other end, pulling on the rod should draw a snare around its leg, claw or body allowing you to reel it in. Judging by the photos in the add it appears to work, has anybody ever used one or seen one used? Stranded inland at Uni in Sheffield at the moment but would love to use this back home on the south coast for spiders if it works!

Here is a similar trap on a american site : https://www.terrybullard.com/crab_snares.html

cheers,
Tom

tahir

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 05 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome on board Tommo, frankly I don't think I should share my experience of crabs iin public but I'm sure someone useful will pop along shortly

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 05 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno either, but this may well be my favourite ever Google ad:
Lobster Gram
Live Lobster Gifts shipped anywhere in the United States!
www.LiveLob.com

Jonnyboy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 05 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tommo, I have seen the trap you are talking about, just not too sure where, I'll have a search for it.

peter.k

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 05 10:01 pm    Post subject: lobster traps Reply with quote

when i were a children we fished for crabs/lobsters using old bicycle wheels with the spokes knocked out and replaced with old fishing net. this was tied in quite loose, attached to the rim of the wheel was 4 ropes to 1 rope in the centre an old fish head or whatever for bait we would set half a dozen of these while we fished checked em now and again just the job we got some good catches, mind you this was several decades ago. but great fun.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive