Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
help with Ill Gill ferrit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot
Author 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 05 7:03 pm    Post subject: help with Ill Gill ferrit Reply with quote

I went to feed my Gill tonight and she seemd Dosile and would not eat?
She only has signs of a bit of Gunk in her coners of her eyes but nithing else

She wont eat and i have tried smelly Sardines laced with SA37 and no go she will drink a solution of Milk and Glucose but i am worried as i know how quick stinkers can go down any ideas or cures>

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 05 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. My ferrets alwys used to like raw egg beaten up in milk which is a good way of getting some protein into her if she's off her solids. Good luck.

timberdog

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 05 8:16 pm    Post subject: fez Reply with quote

good idea i will try cheers

Loopy Lou

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 05 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No advice I'm afraid, but I wish you all the best with her.

timberdog

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 05 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well she back on her feet..Just i have been since i last posted this on Forum feeding her on Milk and Glucose mix.
She took a Bit of Tuna and Liver yesterday and looks better she is a little wobbly on her feet and even though she is still weak she gets out of her box to do the Biz Rarther than soil her bed which has been in the Boiler cubard he he..

See how she fairs i nearley put her out of her misery last week as well as she looked in pain but the little devil is pulling throu..

bernie-woman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 05 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear she is feeling a little better - any idea what has been wrong with her?

timberdog

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 05 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think and i aint no Vet it was a Viral thing but it took her off her feet and everything i gave her came out as quick as it went in.
She would go round in circles like she was in a barrel so to speak.
She was near deaths door and also effected her limbs like paralized thats when i debated putting out of it and couldnt...wimp"!! na shes an a Old friend and good worker and i willgive all Animals a chance ..

She seems know to be getting better even managed a toot round the Kitchen floor much to the disscust of the Terrier on the other side on the stair gate in Kitchen...lol

I had to wash me hands in Bleech each time i handled her as did not want the Family or Dogs to pick it up what ever it was ..nasty anyway

dpack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 05 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how critter doing

timberdog

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 05 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

still on milk and Glucose but she seems still not right on back legs but happy enough looks like longer nursing than i thought

fenwoman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 05 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just out of interest timberdog has you jill been spayed? You know about jills and their seasons giving them aplastic anaemia don't you?
You probably do but I speak to loads of people who start keeping ferrets who don't know about it and wonder why their jills die.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive