Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
The Smallholder's Show Builth
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Author 

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 12 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: The Smallholder's Show Builth Reply with quote

Jools wrote:

2. The name change. It was our first time going there and as we liked it so much, we then went to the Royal Welsh Show expecting it to be similar, but bigger.

We were very disappointed in the RW show as it seemed to be very corporate, even down to the fast food choices. At the smallholders show there were lots of small producers selling cooked food of all kinds, but at the RW it was a choice of burgers and chips or fish and chips and all by the same franchise vans.

We're worried now that the *Spring Festival* is going to go the same way.

My OH is on the show committee for the "Spring Festival" and the whole committee is very clear that it must retain its own identity and not become a minature Royal Welsh.

We go the this event every year, but wouldn't touch the Royal Welsh with a barge pole if it could be avoided.

vegplot

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 12 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll be in Pembrokeshire on holiday

Rob R

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 12 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: The Smallholder's Show Builth Reply with quote

VSS wrote:

We go the this event every year, but wouldn't touch the Royal Welsh with a barge pole if it could be avoided.

What's so bad about the Royal Welsh?

Jools

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 12 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: The Smallholder's Show Builth Reply with quote

VSS wrote:
Jools wrote:

2. The name change. It was our first time going there and as we liked it so much, we then went to the Royal Welsh Show expecting it to be similar, but bigger.

We were very disappointed in the RW show as it seemed to be very corporate, even down to the fast food choices. At the smallholders show there were lots of small producers selling cooked food of all kinds, but at the RW it was a choice of burgers and chips or fish and chips and all by the same franchise vans.

We're worried now that the *Spring Festival* is going to go the same way.

My OH is on the show committee for the "Spring Festival" and the whole committee is very clear that it must retain its own identity and not become a minature Royal Welsh.

That's reassuring. Thanks. We'll have to pop by to see you. Are you showing sheep?

VSS

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 12 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: The Smallholder's Show Builth Reply with quote

Jools wrote:
Are you showing sheep?

Yes and Tim is doing sheep handling workshops during the weekend.

VSS

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 12 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: The Smallholder's Show Builth Reply with quote

Rob R wrote:
VSS wrote:

Too many people by a long way. Cheek by jowl with over 50,000 other people is just too much to cope with.

Rob R

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 12 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: The Smallholder's Show Builth Reply with quote

VSS wrote:
Rob R wrote:
VSS wrote:

Too many people by a long way. Cheek by jowl with over 50,000 other people is just too much to cope with.

I can imagine - the whole place seemed about the size of a supermarket carpark. I was rather underwhelmed.

Nick

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 12 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Too many people, too big. Tho, to be fair the small holder show has buggered up the parking and access in the past too. But, it's smaller, cosier, warmer.

bibbster

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 12 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we meet up? and if so where/when.. hope its a good day.

bibbster

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 12 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bibbster wrote:
Can we meet up? and if so where/when.. hope its a good day.

bump?

Jools

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 12 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll be there tomorrow hopefully. I say hopefully because we've got car trouble. It's in the garage and we're hoping it gets fixed today. If not, unless we can borrow Rob's uncles car, we'll be stuck at home.

Pel

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 12 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where are we meeting and what time? I think i may only be going on saturday, unless something exicting is on the sunday.. i'll be in builth till sunday lunch so i'll be around the place.
I'll try and check back here before sat morning.

Jools

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 12 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could meet by the bandstand, like we did last year. Say, 1pm?

mochyn

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 12 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish we were going, but no time, no money...

Jools

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 12 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mochyn wrote:
Wish we were going, but no time, no money...

That's a shame, it would have been nice catching up with you again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive