Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
dear cat
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
Author 
 Message
Shan



Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5360
Location: South Wales
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 12 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

They do get soooo embarrassed

Nicky Colour it green



Joined: 25 Jun 2007
Posts: 8143
Location: Devon, uk
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 12 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Dear Molly

Our bedroom window is open because it is hot - not as an new doorway for cats - I realise the extra fun of the new door being on the first floor is appealing as it flinging yourself from the honeysuckle into the bedroom several times a night, but it is not conducive to me having a good night's sleep - and grumpy persons are less likely to open cat food sachets.

Bringing dead mice in through the bedroom window and telling me ALL about it in that muffled triumphant howl-with-mouse-in-mouth is not ideal either.

tai haku



Joined: 17 Apr 2011
Posts: 403

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 12 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Dearest Meriwether,

Earlier tonight I left you unattended in the same room as my pie, gravy and veg dinner. I'm not sure whether you chose to partake of said dinner whilst it was unguarded. I do know however that the smirk you gave me when I returned was at best mental torture of the cruelest kind and at worst unnecessary gloating.

Next time you will be going outside during dinner again. Don't whine about it. It is your own fault.

PS: also please read colour it green's letter above too. The behaviour described therein is also unacceptable (although I will admit you haven't done so carrying a mouse yet, jumping on my face mid-sleep is still not cool)

Barefoot Andrew
Downsizer Moderator


Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 22309
Location: Patchshire
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 12 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

colour it green wrote:
and grumpy persons are less likely to open cat food sachets.



A.

gai



Joined: 31 Dec 2004
Posts: 406
Location: Ireland
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 12 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Dear Sheeba.
Scooping the freshly laid eggs I just brought in out of the bowl and scooting them off the edge of the worksurface is NOT funny.

Liz in Ireland



Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 1224

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 12 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

gai wrote:
Dear Sheeba.
Scooping the freshly laid eggs I just brought in out of the bowl and scooting them off the edge of the worksurface is NOT funny.


And Spice,
Neither is having a wee in the egg bowl when there is a perfectly good clean litter tray on the kitchen floor. You are not that senile.
I may have to consider a one way ticket to the man you prefer not to visit.

Chez



Joined: 13 Aug 2006
Posts: 34345
Location: The Hive of the Uberbee, Quantock Hills, Somerset
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 12 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Dear Betty.

Thank you for being the only one in the household who took any notice when I said I wanted a house rabbit. However, did you have to kill it, bite it's front legs off and leave it on the rug beside the bed?

Yrs & co

Nicky Colour it green



Joined: 25 Jun 2007
Posts: 8143
Location: Devon, uk
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 12 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Dear Molly

No - throwing that mouse around the kitchen will not revive it for more playtime.

Bringing it back in after I threw it out was not ideal

Leaving it just behind me whilst I put the kettle on was less ideal.

Yes, it might have been better if I had been wearing shoes.

Yes that dance I did whilst shouting 'ugh!ugh!' might be highly amusing, but will not earn you any more go-cat.



yours, with fresh socks on, etc

Wentworth



Joined: 19 Mar 2006
Posts: 6968
Location: Asturias, Spain
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 12 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

colour it green wrote:
Dear Molly

No - throwing that mouse around the kitchen will not revive it for more playtime.

Bringing it back in after I threw it out was not ideal

Leaving it just behind me whilst I put the kettle on was less ideal.

Yes, it might have been better if I had been wearing shoes.

Yes that dance I did whilst shouting 'ugh!ugh!' might be highly amusing, but will not earn you any more go-cat.



yours, with fresh socks on, etc
ewe

Nicky Colour it green



Joined: 25 Jun 2007
Posts: 8143
Location: Devon, uk
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 12 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote    

and Molly - if you think you can win back my affection by climbing onto my shoulder and nuzzling my neck, then settling down to sleep there - you are damned right.

LynneA



Joined: 25 Oct 2006
Posts: 4645
Location: London N21
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 12 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Dear Violet from three doors down.

That big box in the garden full of lovely soft earth is NOT your litter tray. As well as soft earth, it also contained lovely salad seedlings.

And the mesh shelves we put on top of it were not sliding doors for your benefit.

But it was fun watching your face when you were rumbled.

Melli-Jane



Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Posts: 266
Location: East Sussex
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 12 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Quote:
Dear Hugo,

I know you've had a bad life, but that was 10 years ago and you've been very loved since then, so really having a wee under the computer table and tripping the power wasn't very nice now was it? Oh, and I didn't appreciate the little gift on the wrong side of your litter tray you left me either - you've still got one good eye so should be able to see where you are aiming x


Dear Hugo, you had a lovely life and I'll miss you - and I'm now feeling really guilty for the above comments and maybe it was the first signs you were poorly and I know you could't help it. You're now sleeping peacefully under the trees and no doubt siting on as many keyboards and books as you can find in your own little heaven, and you can wee where you like! sweet dreams x

Nell Merionwen



Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Posts: 15814
Location: Beautiful Derbyshire
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 12 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Melli-Jane wrote:
Quote:
Dear Hugo,

I know you've had a bad life, but that was 10 years ago and you've been very loved since then, so really having a wee under the computer table and tripping the power wasn't very nice now was it? Oh, and I didn't appreciate the little gift on the wrong side of your litter tray you left me either - you've still got one good eye so should be able to see where you are aiming x


Dear Hugo, you had a lovely life and I'll miss you - and I'm now feeling really guilty for the above comments and maybe it was the first signs you were poorly and I know you could't help it. You're now sleeping peacefully under the trees and no doubt siting on as many keyboards and books as you can find in your own little heaven, and you can wee where you like! sweet dreams x


aww, sweet dreams Hugo. x

Liz in Ireland



Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 1224

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 12 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Nell Merionwen wrote:
Melli-Jane wrote:
Quote:
Dear Hugo,

I know you've had a bad life, but that was 10 years ago and you've been very loved since then, so really having a wee under the computer table and tripping the power wasn't very nice now was it? Oh, and I didn't appreciate the little gift on the wrong side of your litter tray you left me either - you've still got one good eye so should be able to see where you are aiming x


Dear Hugo, you had a lovely life and I'll miss you - and I'm now feeling really guilty for the above comments and maybe it was the first signs you were poorly and I know you could't help it. You're now sleeping peacefully under the trees and no doubt siting on as many keyboards and books as you can find in your own little heaven, and you can wee where you like! sweet dreams x


aww, sweet dreams Hugo. x




thats made me cry

Woo



Joined: 19 Sep 2011
Posts: 359
Location: Mayenne, Pays de Loire
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 12 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote    

Dear Taya
thank you for joining our family, the children all love you, even the one who grabs your tail!
we are glad you like the puppy too, but try and be a bit more gentle when you chew his ears as those huge paws will soon be matched by big everything else .
we are very proud of your mousing skills, they were a problem before you came but dont leave them by the pups bed. he has some posh puppy food, he doesnt need extra protien!
i am glad you are feeling better after you got so poorly this week, you are being so good taking your medicine each morning, but please keep your claws to yourself as i pipette it in!
and one last thing, stop sleeping on steve's pillow you know very well he is allergic to you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

 

Archive
Powered by php-BB © 2001, 2005 php-BB Group
Style by marsjupiter.com, released under GNU (GNU/GPL) license.
Copyright 2004 marsjupiter.com