Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Wild watercress

Author 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 13 6:09 pm    Post subject: Wild watercress Reply with quote

I picked some watercress today for the first time, from a stream but I am a bit concerned about river fluke.
I've read a couple of articles and they say as long as its cooked its ok to eat and it is my intention to make soup anyway but does anyone on here have any knowledge of this,will it be ok?
Also is it ok to eat this time of year etc?
Thanks.

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 13 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They still seem to be harvesting it in the watercress beds, but they don't let theirs flower. If you cook it the liver fluke should be killed, but don't leave any of it raw for garnish.

thingamajig

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 13 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rose wrote:
They still seem to be harvesting it in the watercress beds, but they don't let theirs flower. If you cook it the liver fluke should be killed, but don't leave any of it raw for garnish.

Thanks for the reply,I did find out more with a bit of searching and have just finished making it into soup.
Not a patch on wild mushroom soup but still nice and tasty.Some of the recipes were for chilled so I will try it like that tomorrow.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive