Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Apple Scions

Author 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 14 10:53 am    Post subject: Apple Scions Reply with quote

I have some apple scions available if anyone is grafting.
Cox's Orange Pippin
Winston
Worcester Permain
Grenadier
Tydeman's Late Orange

I dont want anything for the scion but would appreciate £3.50 for the cost of postage.

Lorrainelovesplants

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 14 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at a grafting event today. I did 5 plants - found it quite physical (and had two plasters by lunchtime).

I took some Cornish Aromatic with me, but couldnt use it - too thin, but managed to get some stuff off other folk, and did 2 Tom Putt, 1 Orleans Reinette (mine), and beleive it or not Ive forgotten the other two already. They are lavbelled though in the shed.
Put them onto MM111 so they should romp on.

I wish Id known about your scions.....I'd have had the Grenadier - a girl there today was telling me how much better it is than Bramley (no scab or canker).

magicmaker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 14 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I know exactly what you mean and have had some near misses with the knife as well !!
I love collecting varieties of apples and probably have more cookers or dual purpose apples than just eating apples.
One of my absolute favourites is Belle de Boskoop an old Dutch cooking apple. Makes the most amazing apple puree.

If you want to give me a shout next winter, I would be glad to send you some scion.

By the way, I have been very successful with thin scion using the veneer graft but you do have to take more care because they can dry out very quickly before the graft takes.

Well good luck with your new trees !

Lorrainelovesplants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 14 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks!

dan1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 14 3:03 pm    Post subject: Scion Reply with quote

Hi Magicmaker!
I'd be interested in some Tydeman's late orange scion if it's not too late? can you pm me about postage?
Dan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Grow Your Own All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive