Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
low voltage light fittings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Author 

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 14 8:25 am    Post subject: low voltage light fittings Reply with quote

Where can I buy 12V light fittings without having a mains transformer included in the package. I'm looking for 12V led lighting but everything I'm finding seems to either be a complete unit with an integral transformer or bulbs only.

OtleyLad

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 14 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: low voltage light fittings Reply with quote

JB wrote:
Where can I buy 12V light fittings without having a mains transformer included in the package. I'm looking for 12V led lighting but everything I'm finding seems to either be a complete unit with an integral transformer or bulbs only.

What's the installation?

Jb

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 14 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything I can knock together cheaply to make a 12V solar / battery powered lighting system in my shed as I acquired some free if small solar panels and want to do something with them.

OtleyLad

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 14 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could just get a set with an external transformer (much more choice than direct 12v light fittings) and simply cut out the transformer?

Jb

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 14 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping I could get something cheaper without the transformer, but yes I'm quite happy to butcher anything I can find if it's cheap enough.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive