Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Self-catering accom in North Wales or The Lakes?

Author 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 14 7:59 am    Post subject: Self-catering accom in North Wales or The Lakes? Reply with quote

We are looking to find a cottage/apartment/static van for the two of us and our well-behaved Springer (he's been trained to ignore sheep, hens, grouse, etc).
Ideally it will be in walking distance of a pub, have open fire/wood burning stove and be quiet.
Do you know of anything suitable?

Looking at July 12th-19th or some part of that (small budget).

Thanks

Hairyloon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 14 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is a yurt any good?
I don't know if they are ready yet though...

evie2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 14 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get a Teepee, any rain will come in through the opening in the top I speak from experience

Ty Gwyn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 14 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always come down to West Wales,have a weeks holiday on the farm,self catering of course,you would`nt like my cooking dripping with bacon fat,lol,
All in,Free of charge,just give me 2 day`s doing a few electrical job`s after your weeks holiday,
I`ll even drive you down the pub and pick you up,and find a few fields to run the spaniel.

Rosie Judy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 14 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lakeland village in Newby Bridge.......

It is a complex, but they do accept dogs. The pub on site is okay. The swan just up the road does fabulous grub....... And the steam train is a bonus.

OtleyLad

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 14 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ty Gwyn wrote:
You could always come down to West Wales,have a weeks holiday on the farm,self catering of course,you would`nt like my cooking dripping with bacon fat,lol,
All in,Free of charge,just give me 2 day`s doing a few electrical job`s after your weeks holiday,
I`ll even drive you down the pub and pick you up,and find a few fields to run the spaniel.

Thanks TG for the generous offer and other people's suggestions too. But we have looked at our finances and sadly decided to be prudent (there's always a first) and not go away this side of the wedding.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive