Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
cheap laptop wanted

Author 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 14 11:07 am    Post subject: cheap laptop wanted Reply with quote

Any old crap will do provided it gets me on the internet.

iaf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 14 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try ebuyer.com

oldish chris

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 14 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why laptop? The ease with which tower systems can be added to, swapped around, etc. When I had no income and no computer, I put together such a system with left-over bits. In most English towns, there will be a little computer repair business that will have second-hand systems for sale at a very low price. Guessing, most French towns will be the same. I only started to use a lappy when the lump-sum that comes with a pension scheme finally arrived (about 7 years later).

boisdevie1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 14 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldish chris wrote:
why laptop? .

So I can use it in different places. For example, I often use the Listen Again part of bbc radio 4 extra to listen to stuff when Im soaking in the tub after a long hard day of insulting people on various internet forums.

oldish chris

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 14 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boisdevie1 wrote:
oldish chris wrote:
why laptop? .

So I can use it in different places. For example, I often use the Listen Again part of bbc radio 4 extra to listen to stuff when Im soaking in the tub after a long hard day of insulting people on various internet forums.
glad to be of service

Two sources I have come across of cheaper laptops are the back street computer shops and the cash for your stuff shops. I've also put "second hand laptop computers" into a search engine.

Nick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 14 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our business, like every business I've worked for for the last 20 years updates it's laptops quickly, because it's cheaper than running them efficiently. So, we have a stack of them, which are old and useless.*

I'll ask if any are for sale, but I suspect other SMEs have a similar stack.

*unless you just want to do normal stuff on them, like browsing, or music, or storage, or running a word document, or whatever.

oldish chris

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 14 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick's offer sounds pretty good, if he can pull it off. There is some up-to-date French software that you can put on it: https://www.mageia.org (for free of course!)

boisdevie1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 14 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldish chris wrote:
Nick's offer sounds pretty good, if he can pull it off. There is some up-to-date French software that you can put on it: https://www.mageia.org (for free of course!)

Nicks offer sounds lovely if he can pull it off. French software? - you mean like Word but with a hint of garlic?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive