Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Bad Service from Mohair Bear Making Supplies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Author 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 14 8:51 am    Post subject: Bad Service from Mohair Bear Making Supplies Reply with quote

I am close to running out of the nylon coated thread I require for sewing the headlining for a boat. I ordered another 6 reels from https://www.mohairbearmakingsupplies.co.uk/ on the 31st of March and I paid for a Royal Mail First Class Delivery. You would think that they would dispatch it within a day or so, considering they are offering a faster delivery service option? You would also think they would realise that if a customer is paying for a faster delivery option, that they in fact require their order faster? Well, if that is what you think, as indeed, I did, then you think wrong!!!

I checked on my order today, the 3rd of April, to discover it had not been dispatched yet? I sent them a message inquiring as to when they were planning to dispatch the order and questioning the reasoning behind them having an expedited delivery service, when in fact they have no intention of satisfying that expectation by dispatching the goods in a reasonable time?

This is the answer I received:

1. We DO NOT do expedited deliveries!
2. We have 30 days by law to despatch an order
3. 31st was Monday, it's now Thursday
4. I don't like your attitude!
5. You won't be buying from us again you have been blocked!

thank you

Darren & Lanie

It seems that they have forgotten that they actually offer 3 different speeds of delivery!!!

My response was the following:

Dear Darren & Lainie,

I don't much like your attitude either. If you are going to offer a Royal Mail 1st Class delivery, then I would say your customers have a reasonable expectation in terms of the delivery taking less than a week and most certainly less than a month.

You are quite right in that I will not be buying from you again as I would not chose to deal with a company as arrogant as yours. I will be leaving an online review detailing this exchange.

perlogalism

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 14 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, let's all check back next year and see if they're still in business? Unlikely I'd think

Shan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 14 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG... you need to see how they treat some of their customers:

FFS.

sgt.colon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 14 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A disgusting way to treat customers but I suspect new customers coming to them and ones that haven't had any problems with them, will still use them if they offer the best price.

Sometimes it's all about the Benjamins.

Now personally if I was thinking of using them, that kind of talk would put me right off.

Lorrainelovesplants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 14 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good grief! have read the reviews - do they really think that kind of attitude will earn them money? I may use this as a teaching tool - how not to treat customers.

dpack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 14 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a business opportunity awaits somebody

bear bits might be a good trading name

dpack

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 14 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faulty towers is a good training tool

Rob R

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 14 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That just reinforces my view that other sectors must have it easier, if people like that can stay in business.

Cathryn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 14 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shan, you could try phoning Wheeler Fabric in Machynlleth. They might be able to help as they seem to stock and supply a wide range of threads. They offered me some sailcloth last week for something I'm making. Doubt many places normally stock that. 01654 702463.

Shan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 14 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cathryn. I will keep them in mind. I managed to order some more reels from another company but at some point in the near future, I need to recover the spray hood, so I will give them a call when I do that.

gizmoismad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 14 2:06 pm    Post subject: re bad service from mohair bear supplies Reply with quote

I too have recently experienced very poor service from this firm in how long it took to send something out to me.When I asked if they had sent the item yet and if so on what day,I received a very curt reply saying it had been signed for by one of my family(it was not-my daughter's are at university,my husband was at work and I was out helping in a charity shop) and quoting the tracking number.When I investigated it appeared that the postman had got a neighbour to sign for it and not left me a card so I was unaware of its delivery.Had I been politely advised of this I would have not had a problem with this firm as it was my postie's fault but,surely ,as a customer,I have a right to enquire whether an item has been sent without getting a surly reply.Needless to say,I will not be buying from them again.

dpack

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 14 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have no personal connection to them in any way but it nice to see they are consistent in their customer handling

Shan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 14 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: re bad service from mohair bear supplies Reply with quote

gizmoismad wrote:
I too have recently experienced very poor service from this firm in how long it took to send something out to me.When I asked if they had sent the item yet and if so on what day,I received a very curt reply saying it had been signed for by one of my family(it was not-my daughter's are at university,my husband was at work and I was out helping in a charity shop) and quoting the tracking number.When I investigated it appeared that the postman had got a neighbour to sign for it and not left me a card so I was unaware of its delivery.Had I been politely advised of this I would have not had a problem with this firm as it was my postie's fault but,surely ,as a customer,I have a right to enquire whether an item has been sent without getting a surly reply.Needless to say,I will not be buying from them again.

I have stumbled across a few of their previous customers online... it is amazing how some companies manage to do business in spite of their atrocious lack of customer service.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive