Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
virtual naval hospital

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Author 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 14 12:15 am    Post subject: virtual naval hospital Reply with quote

here

im sure i mentioned this ages ago ,for a while it was un funded but it seems it is back ,bigger,better and more robust than it was.

a huge and potentially very useful resource .

if the interweb is available it should be available but most of it can be cloned to a few dvd disks just in case

pretty much everything one might need to know about medicine in a searchable format .
the original idea was if you can read you can mend folk or set up a hospital wherever that needs doing .
it has developed a bit since i first came across it but that original ethos is still deeply embedded in the structure .

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 14 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Useful if you have a computer, but in case of disaster, you might not. A useful learning device though.

dpack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 14 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as pdf i recon it could be loaded into a kindle which would be fine with a pv panel etc.(maybe every village should have one in a farraday cage)

tis a good learning tool as you say and covers everything from the basics (the corpsmans handbook is ace )to the logistics of a major bad situation.

dpack

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 14 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

having had a quick look at the new improved version of the vnh several mentions of the super dooper clotting powders reminded me that i should check the packet in the farm first aid kit and the one in my chainsaw trousers for use before date

there is powder available to chuck in the hole/s before adding a big field dressing and iirc tis about £8 a packet

it could be a life saver in a variety of civilian accidents (as well as battle carp) especially if nhs ambulance response times where you are mean that a big part of the golden hour is down to the immediate local care

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive