Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
explosive cider

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Author 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 15 10:26 am    Post subject: explosive cider Reply with quote

had an interesting evening last night.

Ive been experimenting with bottle conditioning and have produced a rather nice medium lightly sparkling cider which I quaffed last night. My sternist critic, (my son) pronounced it to be 'bloody lovely mum - 9/10'.

So, I then opened a very experimental medium bottle conditioned one with a hint of elderflower.

WOW!
Vesuvius!
The cider erupted out the bottle all over the wall, the woodburner and my hair! After cleaning up, and a bit of swearing from my long suffering husband, we sat down to drink. Now its only been sat in the bottle for 4 weeks so its raw, but, 'interesting' taste....

Im chilling a bottle today to see if this makes any difference to the 'fizz'......

dpack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 15 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it is in glass bottles please be careful,ie gloves and eye protection.

i have had a couple of near misses with refermenting in the bottle

BahamaMama

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 15 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find elderflower to be 'volatile'. Elderflower champagne is only ever opened outside due to the Vesuvius effect I wonder if that is contributing?

Lorrainelovesplants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 15 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive had bottles in the fridge and they have behaved very well.

Votes are in - its the bottle conditioned black top that will be appearing in the pub shortly (which is good, cos it was easier to do than the other one).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive