Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
chilli recomendation aussie black

Author 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 15 3:29 pm    Post subject: chilli recomendation aussie black Reply with quote

i got a small plant from the car boot sale last spring,tis an aussie black

a bit of a slow start outside but only a few hrs direct sunlight a day but it has done well , tis now about a ft cubed in volume has had lots of flowers which have set and still has flowers on it.

the chillis are small and pointy ,turn from green to a delightful shiney black and although quite mild in hotness they have a really good flavour

one chilli per small portion has a mild heat but lots of complex chilli tastes

good in salads,dips and cooked dishes

a right winner

im hoping to manage to overwinter it by digging it out of the fishbox,potting it and keeping it indoors til spring

BahamaMama

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 15 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you harvest and dry any of the seed from the set chillis? It sounds really interesting.

I was given a little chilli plant called 'Stumpy' as a gift, it is covered in bright red fruits which are nicely hot.

dpack

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 15 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will leave some on and try it,tis a very nice one,since i developed a bit of a digestive prob i have missed chillis and the low heat thing seems to be ideal to avoid irritation to my "delicate "pipes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Grow Your Own All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive