About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Green DIY Projects - ideas please
Page Previous  1, 2, 3

Author 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 16 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears my pics. are so 'good' that they are twice as good as the DS system can cope with! so I am snookered. My ability with a pixel reduction programme is nil. I will go out and buy a camera that takes 'normal' pictures that DS can cope with, 'twas my neighbour what took 'em, guv, honest! This could be fun on Saturday morning, as most folks think that more is good, so locating a basic camera may also be a problem.

Slim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 16 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregotyn wrote:
It appears my pics. are so 'good' that they are twice as good as the DS system can cope with! so I am snookered. My ability with a pixel reduction programme is nil. I will go out and buy a camera that takes 'normal' pictures that DS can cope with, 'twas my neighbour what took 'em, guv, honest! This could be fun on Saturday morning, as most folks think that more is good, so locating a basic camera may also be a problem.

Don't go buying a new camera! You'll be able to convert the files without an added expense. (I think)

maybe try something like this https://www.imageoptimizer.net/Pages/Home.aspx

dpack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 16 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this will do it easily

no need for a low res camera.get a high res one and adjust snaps as required

gregotyn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 16 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that has possibilities, I will have a go in the morning if the 'right' librarian is working.

sean
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 16 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dpack wrote:
this will do it easily

no need for a low res camera.get a high res one and adjust snaps as required

That's absolutely excellent for doing pics for forums/fb/twitter. Thanks for the find dpack.

gregotyn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 16 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregotyn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 16 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by gregotyn on Sat Apr 16, 16 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total

gregotyn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 16 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregotyn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 16 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregotyn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 16 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregotyn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 16 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well folks thanks to my star friends on DS and a librarian with sense I have managed-the librarian has-to use the resizer and put the photos up for your perusal. She, a happily married lady, is now deeply in love with dpack for his "this will do it easily" post et voila!-it did. Now I am not so sure that I could repeat this without further help, but if the occasion demands I will have a good try!

To get to the main pics They are all made for my next door neighbour, who took the pics., and at one point was a good keen gardener. The first 2 show the back door herb garden and seed tray holder, useful by the back door as you can water the plants at the w/e without getting dressed and then go back to bed! The 2 sticks on the first image are in place on the other picture as a strengthening pair of diagonals. the small box on the right side is for the tools. I didn't take the pics so there is no shot of the side, but There are 4 shelves and each is supported underneath with a wooden bracket. I made this one from 2 small pallets to get enough shelves. It is about2ft6"x 2ft

The 3rd one shows one of those cattle feeder type planter, which contains the strawberry bed and the conifers which have been in that position for the last 2 years, all made from 3"x"2 framing and clad in 6ft long x4"x3/4"pallet boards. There are no joints at the crossing points. The big bits are bolted the rest is nailed.

Item 4 is a holder for the recycling kit as supplied by Powys CC. So simple. A 2"x2" frame and then clad in featheredge boards. We have 4 items food, glass, paper and metal and plastics. Not sure why you would put the food on the base but what do I know-Mr fox likes it that way! This is just screwed together and the felt roofing is fixed with roofing nails.

The last bit is a variation of a cattle feeder, basically 2 'A' frames, 2 'U' frame ends all made of 3"x2", joined as you can see, then covered with 3/4" x4" boards.

All I have bought for the whole lot is felt, bolts and screws, and the rest is from places where I worked or currently work. Taking pallets apart is simple enough I loose only about 20% now in the pallet destruction, but I have small firewood chopping enterprise so that takes care of the rubbish-although that is not so straight forward as some of the mainly French wood does hardly burn! I have had the advantage of working in a timber yard and workshop making packing cases and so on, also working in a steel factory as a forklift driver and being able to take the pallets home to 'work on'.

Jam Lady

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 16 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, Gregotyn! Good job! I like all the pallette-built crafts you have on display here.

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 16 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Gregontyn. I like the plant trough particularly. Something I think we could make out of new wood, but need to find a way of flat packing it.

gregotyn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 16 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a result of my librarian doing the pics. for me I have an order from a lad at work for the recycling bin holder, I am in you debt dpack!

dpack

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 16 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a pleasure to be of help there are times when the really simple (and free) apps are far more use than the all bells and whistles ones

nice work with the various ex pallet constructions,i recon the planters are quite commercial if you have a pallet supply and a bit of time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive