Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Demon Red?

Author 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 16 10:29 am    Post subject: Demon Red? Reply with quote

I've grown three chilli plants in the poly this year and they look to be ready for picking and drying.
One was a Cayenne pepper and these are the other two.

I'm tempted to take some of these down to the pub this evening and offer some of my drinking buddies the opportunity to take part in some sort of chilli challenge. Knowing them how I do, I reckon they'll be daft enough to try anything.

Here are the plants ready for picking this afternoon.

Scotch Bonnet.

Cayenne.

Demon Red.

What a lot I've got! I'll definitely make sure that I wear gloves when I pick them. I once had a nasty incident.

Pilsbury

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 16 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would of been harvesting for weeks cos the quicker you pick the more form, especially on that daemon red, there are loads lol

Bodger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 16 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's plenty enough for me. I grew my first ever chillies about four or five years ago and it took us at least three to eat them. I planted a few too many plants and we quite literally gave buckets full away.

Bodger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 16 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's plenty enough for me. I grew my first ever chillies about four or five years ago and it took us at least three to eat them. I planted a few too many plants and we quite literally gave buckets full away.

dpack

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 16 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S B are the base capsicum in my hot garam .

with all three you have trying a combo for a long store dried anchovy garam is a good bet to get a balanced result.

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 16 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you take them down the pub, take some yoghurt too. Some people might have a bad reaction to them.

Bodger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 16 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still picking.

I'm still picking. I got this bucket full of peppers and the chillis from the poly this morning. The chillis have just been put into the airing cupboard to dry.

Slim

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 16 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We made about 50 half-pints of hot pepper jelly last week, and the OH just made another 20 or so half-pints of hot pepper relish!

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 16 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those capsicums look really pretty in all the different colours. How did the chilli tasting go?

You should have enough hot pepper jelly and relish to last for years Slim! I take it it was a good chilli year for you too.

Slim

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 16 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistress Rose wrote:
Those capsicums look really pretty in all the different colours. How did the chilli tasting go?

You should have enough hot pepper jelly and relish to last for years Slim! I take it it was a good chilli year for you too.

Many of those jars will be given as winter solstice gifts. The yield per plant wasn't actually all that high, but I grew a whole slew of plants as I'm stabilizing a new hot pepper variety that I'm playing around with.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Grow Your Own All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive