Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
pre release pump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Author 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 17 6:41 pm    Post subject: pre release pump Reply with quote

series three starts monday

is it fiction ?. i could not possible say, the story so far has been extremely close to the parts of the truth i know of from personally acquired knowledge and from academic study of the various aspects of history explored by mr newman that fall within my field of research.
some of the names have been changed a bit (some a lot, some not at all), some of the characters are stereotypical composites which adds up to a good way to tell the story in a way it can be told.

sometimes telling the truth is best done by telling stories.
the quiet american, a small town in germany and the various chronicles of basil seal are all a bit more composite than mr newman's work but you might see my train of thought.

tahir

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 17 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks interesting, have managed to miss both previous series though.

dpack

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 17 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

linky to series one and two

dpack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 17 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it broadly accurate? i could not possibly say

dpack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 17 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm , some is probably very accurate, some is composite to describe the situation, some of the names have been changed to protect the guilty (and very dangeroos ), a few bits don't coincide with things i believe to be true about those times. a few things might be smoke and mirrors.

there is a lot that is not explored.

well done mr newman

if you are fresh to this stuff starting with the first two sets (you tube) might be a good move.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive