Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
cattle class transport

Author 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 23 5:03 pm    Post subject: cattle class transport Reply with quote

just wow

a couple of weener pigs in a reasonably priced car or a sheep in a volvo seem reasonable

the traffic cop's mates would not have believed him without the photos

the bull even looks like he is used to it, which is one hoof from the bull driving

Mistress Rose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 23 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The car may have been adapted, but it didn't look as if the suspension was.

A not dissimilar story, although it happened a long time ago. One of our customers parents were farmers, and they brought the whole farm, animals the lot, by train to our area when they changed farms. At the end of the journey, the bull had had enough of this weird form of transport, so as they were unloading it it escaped and headed off down the line. Luckily it broke through a fence into the right farm with the farm hands pounding down the line behind it. Also luckily it was before electrification.

dpack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 23 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

even i am old enough to remember "livestock" on uk trains

various things caught my interest in guard's vans, racing pigeons and chooks etc were fairly common, a donkey was rather fun
"what is in the van?" was an odd pastime on journeys, but it was informative and developed a variety of useful skills.
ttdntas and one for the john connor academy curriculum

now to turn up with a bike and person needs booking

mid-sixties, get a ticket from the parcel's office, pop it* in the guard's van and it will be delivered, circus or steamer the trunk would arrive where it should

i did toy with the idea of piglet in a pram and decided the rail network was not ready for that , yet

*see donkey, the best one i saw was a donkey with a bag of hay loosely tied to the wall of the van, they had put down straw to give it a bit of grip on the floor and it was very happy although travelling "alone"
i have heard of others that are more unusual

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive