Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Beware Of Flying Sheep
Page Previous  1, 2

Author 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 06 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were ram raided!

How are the wounds going? And have there been any more sightings?

I knew I was right to put foot down against having sheep! Opinion divided which are thicker: Goats vs Sheep??

dougal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 06 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dpack wrote:
marinated in wine with thyme and bbqed .you can really enjoy revenge as a dish served hot .

I raise my hat to you, sir. Unparalleled eloquence!

gingerwelly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 06 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh welsh mountain sheep ...got to love them!!

i like the way they run and run, but when you get to one they drop to the floor and go floppy, you try and pick then up and they just flop back down , you shout and yell , and the bloody thing just stays there , then after you carry/drag it back to the pen, you turn to open the gate and turn back to the sheep an its gone ..... just a small fluffy sheeps bum in the distance.
or there is their ability to fit through the smallest hole.
I got bashed by a Balwen tup at the Royal Welsh show a few years ago ,that really hurt !!

tahir

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 06 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerwelly wrote:

Gervase does, but I always thought it was illegal?

Gervase

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 06 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I find myself in the Brecons or Snowdonia I cast affectionate looks at the sheep, thinking, "Aren't they pretty; so much neater and more compact than our lumbering great mules..."
After a couple of days it almost gets to the point where I think, "Oh sod it, let's restock with the cute-looking smaller ones and consign the old boilers to the freezer".
And then I remember the evil gleam in their pretty little eyes and their uncanny ability to escape by climning vertical walls and abseiling down cliffs. And that's when I'm grateful for our lumbering old tarts. They might not be as pretty, but I've far less scar tissue as a consequence.

Gervase

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 06 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blast - Tahir posted just as I was writing mine. And now everyone's going to get completely the wrong idea.

tahir

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 06 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gervase wrote:
I'm grateful for our lumbering old tarts. They might not be as pretty, but I've far less scar tissue as a consequence.

gingerwelly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 06 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tahir wrote:
gingerwelly wrote:

Gervase does, but I always thought it was illegal?

A young man moves to a village in Wales and gets talking to an old man from the village. He asks the old man what his name is; the old man gets very irate at this point and says: "See that line of houses over there? I built them all, but do they call me Jones the house builder? Do they hell! See those railway lines over there? I laid them all, but do they call me Jones the engineer? Do they hell! See those bridges over that river? I built them all, but do they call me Jones the bridge builder? Do they hell! But, a long long time ago, I screwed ONE sheep..."

sorry

Nick J

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 06 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do hope you recover from the injuries soon but I'm afraid to say that I too had a good laugh about it. As Dame Edna once said "I've got a rare gift......it's the ability to laugh at other peoples misfortunes" !

Hope it won't be too long before you can see the funny side.

tahir

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 06 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerwelly wrote:
A young man moves to a village in Wales and gets talking to an old man from the village. He asks the old man what his name is; the old man gets very irate at this point and says: "See that line of houses over there? I built them all, but do they call me Jones the house builder? Do they hell! See those railway lines over there? I laid them all, but do they call me Jones the engineer? Do they hell! See those bridges over that river? I built them all, but do they call me Jones the bridge builder? Do they hell! But, a long long time ago, I screwed ONE sheep..."

sorry

I'd laugh, but there's too many welsh on here...

Lionheart

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 06 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is that it's lucky I can vaguely touch type 'cos I'm having trouble seeing the keyboard!!

Yup, woke up this morning to a face like a balloon having gone back to A&E last night only to be told "if it's not life-threatening or needs stitching up there'll be a 4 - 5 hour wait and you may as well see your GP in the morning" (due to there being one nurse inspecting casualties and three thousand Polish immigrants and the night shift's weirdest and wackiest in the que).

Now, where's my .243 hunting rifle and where's that sheep.......................

tahir

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 06 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReevesRareBreeds wrote:
Now, where's my .243 hunting rifle and where's that sheep.......................

Good luck

judith

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 06 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck. It sounds more like a Balrog than a Balwen!

Nick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 06 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tahir wrote:
Gervase wrote:
I'm grateful for our lumbering old tarts. They might not be as pretty, but I've far less scar tissue as a consequence.

I hope she doesn't see this out of context and kill you.

Gervase

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 06 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickhowe wrote:
tahir wrote:
Gervase wrote:

I hope she doesn't see this out of context and kill you.

[later] Gulp Bum I can explain Better start doing that ingratiating thing Too late Goodbye testicles, hello traction... [/later]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive