Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Hunting In France

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot
Author 
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 05 7:14 pm    Post subject: Hunting In France Reply with quote

Having read a fair few articles about living in France and knowing a few people over there I am puzzled by what people say about hunting. (I mean all sorts, especially shooting)

Some people say that the whole village is involved and there's a real friendly atmosphere and the catch is shared out. Others portray the local shoot as a bunch of dangerous individuals who shoot each other, peoples animals and wipe out areas of wildlife including other peoples' private land.

Now I assume that there will be some well run and some poorly run shoots in France, just like here. As there are quite a few people living in France what are peoples experiences?

Lloyd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 05 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I assume that there will be some well run and some poorly run shoots in France, just like here. As there are quite a few people living in France what are peoples experiences?

I think probably the population of France is greater than that of the UK

nettie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 05 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smartarse Although I'm not sure if that's true...everywhere I look new houses are being built

PS what happened to the pink lady?

Lloyd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 05 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...more seriously, I suspect that France is more liberalistic in allowing people to bear arms. They haave retained a stronger rural community feel than us because they developed industrially later I believ, and ceased to be a peasant economy only in the mid seventies. As such they are fortunate enough to have retained knowledge of country ways in their rural communities, in the same way as say, Greece. They still use bird lime on tree branchses to catch small birds. They still do organised Wild Boar shotts (in some areas)

In all countries you will get those crass idiots that buy into an area, and then either criticise like hell, or equally, dive in head first in total ignorance, cause more harm than good, and end up offending people. Guess all answers may be true.

Lloyd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 05 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pink lady upset Judyofthe woods. And anyway, I wanted a more representative pic. My dog said "why not me?"..so I just took a pic of him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive