Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
Barley Flour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Author 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 05 7:06 pm    Post subject: Barley Flour Reply with quote

Now I've got the missus her bakers apron I think she should expand her horizons what's barley flour like and can you use it for bread?

Bugs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 05 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"One of the first cereals to be cultivated by man and itwas used even before wheat in making bread"

according to The Cooks Encyclopaedia by Tom Stobart. I was going to look it up in one of my nice baking books but there's a large airbed in the way, and the fire is lit, and it's an unhappy combination at the best of times so that will have to wait.

But from memory Scandis or Finns are very big on it and it's the main flour for some traditional breads. Perhaps Sugarplumhalle will be along soon

Not tried it myself though.

Treacodactyl
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 05 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where can you get it, I've not seen it around. I suppose you could mill your own, but that's another thread?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive