Home Page
   Articles
       links
About Us    
Traders        
Recipes            
Latest Articles
December celebrations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Author 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 06 6:25 pm    Post subject: December celebrations Reply with quote

I wondered how downsizers will be celebrating the season of goodwill with their staff / customers? Do you offer sherry and mince pies, or a few sweets? One of our suppliers puts a handful of sweets in with our orders and we get loads of calendars. For our business we all go out for lunch on a Friday near to the holiday

jamanda
Downsizer Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 06 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We always go for a departmental curry - a huge take out at someone's (our's last year) house with lots of booze followed by by roulette.

Helen_A

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 06 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well - only me here.

But a WAHM group I'm with online are doing a secret santa, and the idea is to sit in a chat room with a glass of whatever on present opening evening

I'm going to eat mince pies and drink mulled wine at a SBC event as well.

Helen_A

madmonk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 06 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I am self employed I will probably go out and get p****d on my own, ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Bodger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 06 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody Hell mate ! If you lived in North Wales I'd come wth you .

Fee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 06 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madmonk wrote:
As I am self employed I will probably go out and get p****d on my own, ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Me too, though I might convince some others to join me and pretend they're my employees

I have had a few menus sent here to my business name from local restaurants actually, made me chuckle

hedgewitch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 06 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if people with smaller businesses here sent christmas cards? I know it's not a very Downsizer-ey thing to do, but there are some people I want to thank for their help and support and others I want to send an "I'm here!" type of reminder to, and christmas cards seem to fit the bill

I was thinking of something personal for a few outstanding contacts and customers - maybe some home-made biscuits or sweets.

Jb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 06 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madmonk wrote:

Presumably you have customers though. Or is this a _very_ small self employed business?

Rosa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 06 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hedge witch ----- I think that sounds a good idea. You are trying to expand your business and build up a good working relationship. If it helps you to get more customers or better discounts then it can only be good for your business. It is also a way of saying thank you and that you appreciate their support and help.

hedgewitch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 06 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosa wrote:
Hedge witch ----- I think that sounds a good idea. You are trying to expand your business and build up a good working relationship. If it helps you to get more customers or better discounts then it can only be good for your business. It is also a way of saying thank you and that you appreciate their support and help.

Yep - I think I'm qiute old-fashioned in some ways and I do like to write a thankyou letter or card rather than an email. A lot of my business communications are done electronically, and I like the idea of a thankyou (or a memory jog!) being something that I've taken trouble to put together, package and send out.

My previous company used to send out emails saying they had donated to charity instead of sending a card out. I liked the sentiment, but I always found a daft, animated e-card or game to send to my own customers too, to make it more personal. While I liked the idea of making a donation, a bland mail-shot-type email telling them the bald facts didn't seem too appealing

Pea

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 06 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My partner an I go out for an evening meal somewhere posh, rather than the local pub. It just makes a change.
We do send cards to our mooring customers every year with a bottle of wine to thank them for their business. The day boat customers are given a discount voucher on the return of the boat to hopefully prompt them to come back to us. It is easier as we would never remember everyone of we send cards.

Pea

lettucewoman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 06 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are going to go out for a company meal - just the two of us. We have had very little money over the last few years, and still dont have lots, but we want to go out for a meal like other people - we dont even go out for a coffee in a caff -and as for going to a pub....forget it.

So we are reviewing which lucky restaurant wil be the recipient of our 40 odd quid!!

Blimey...40 quid...we could pay off the...NO!!

dpack

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 06 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get ye to the merry w,yorks ds meet
in the past , i got from sub contractors ,sent cards to clients and gave and recieved with the folk i employed .
all business intit not with the latter its those things that make it good to work as a team
ive been to dreadful works do's and mostly they are dont's so i recon a bit of a minefield

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
View Latest Posts View Latest Posts

Archive